Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: 4/180 11 left, KJ in BB

[ QUOTE ]
putting pressure on your opponents is the best way to get them to fear you. They know they will have to play for all their chips. The all in move is the most power move in NL. I suggest it here for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

With great power comes great responsibility. KJ isn't that strong of a hand and the power of the all-in move can come back to hurt you. A gun is powerful too, but you don't go around waving it in some guys face all the time.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: 4/180 11 left, KJ in BB

I definitely don't like a push pf and I love to play post-flop. But the way it was played and being out of position if you thought he was on a steal you should of raised more to resteal (I don't have a problem with a re-raise here) but then you might have to go all-in pf which I don't like. I like calling because you get in cheap and if he is on a steal and depending on the flop you could take down the pot more effectively in my opinion. I prefer to outmaneuver or outplay post-flop or hit a monster like you did! I don't have a problem pushing after the flop because I have noticed on-line a lot of people will look you up because they figure if you had a K you would try to slow-play so to them it screams your just trying to push them out and if they hit anything decent they are calling. Either way can work it just depends.