Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Turn spot with big draw

[ QUOTE ]
lots of different stakes.. ussualy 5/10nl or 10/20 if i'm at the bike otherwise i play tournaments online

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words you have no NL 6-max or online cash game experience at all. GG.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just shove the turn. you're not folding and playing a river will be awkward. effective stack is not even 1k, and the pot is 610. if a shove was potx2 or more it would feel weird, here it doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just shove the turn. you're not folding and playing a river will be awkward. effective stack is not even 1k, and the pot is 610. if a shove was potx2 or more it would feel weird, here it doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think shoving the turn comes off more as a bluff (especially if you havent been overbetting the pot), Id pot turn call an all-in.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 AM

I disagree, you typically see players doing this type of move with AA or KK with the A or K of spades. The pot is big, they have good hand, they have good draw, they dont want to play guessing games ALL IN
Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM

I just noticed that you also made a gutshot draw, which will often end up being good.

Not that I think he has this hand, but for illustrative purposes, I'm wondering if K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is more likely to fold to a push here than to a non-push? It really doesn't seem like he would be more likely to fold to a push, bc he's getting 5:3 on a call in a situation where you very easily could have just what you have.

Ok, so if he's not less likely to fold to a push, would that make betting less a better option? Of course we're not folding to a raise, but he won't raise 100%.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed that you also made a gutshot draw, which will often end up being good.

Not that I think he has this hand, but for illustrative purposes, I'm wondering if K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is more likely to fold to a push here than to a non-push? It really doesn't seem like he would be more likely to fold to a push, bc he's getting 5:3 on a call in a situation where you very easily could have just what you have.

Ok, so if he's not less likely to fold to a push, would that make betting less a better option? Of course we're not folding to a raise, but he won't raise 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually feel that KhKd and possibly AhAd would be scared of a flopped flush to a push but call anyhow. However, I prefer a push here from OP as we get paid from these hands which call when we hit and get lesser hands to fold but don't if we pot and hit the River.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, you typically see players doing this type of move with AA or KK with the A or K of spades. The pot is big, they have good hand, they have good draw, they dont want to play guessing games ALL IN

[/ QUOTE ]