Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

Oh man, so many memories.

In no particular order:

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a cell!! Seeing Mankinds teeth poking thru his face was a bit disturbing tho. Man, that guy is crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brett Hart vs HBK where they actually screwed HBK and gave the title to Brett and HBK flipped out and punched Vince.

The Undertaker choke slamming Shane-o-mac through the announcers table from the top rope. Meh, I'm partial cos I was there. Indicently, I loved the mean-street-posse concept [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh so many more, shame it jumped the skark. Hmm, has the phrase "jumped the shark" jumped the shark yet?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brett Hart vs HBK where they actually screwed HBK and gave the title to Brett and HBK flipped out and punched Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was the other way around, yo. But, yeah, this whole fued was great.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can it be a great memory if you can't even remember the basic facts?

Was Bret punching Vince shown anywhere other than Wrestling with Shadows?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can it be a great memory if you can't even remember the basic facts?

Was Bret punching Vince shown anywhere other than Wrestling with Shadows?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if I was the only American that rooted for Bret during the America vs Canada feud? IMHO, this is one of the worst moments in WWF history. After an 11 year relationship with each other, Vince still couldn't trust Bret to forfeit the title the next night on Raw? Then they could have done something sweet like put the title on the line in the Royal Rumble match (as in 1992). Bret was foolish though. No way he should have allowed himself to be put into a submission hold.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 AM

Piper's pit interview with Morton Downey Jr when he kept blowing cigarette smoke in pipers face and finally piper had enough and used the fire extinguser on JR.

Also the shane vs vince match when shane jumped the entire length of the ring and smashed the tin trash can into vinces head.

Shane also fell from like 100000 feet which was amazing.

Those all all good moments.

My fav match is Hogan vs The Iraqi Sgt. Slaughter.

God bless the USA
Old 02-23-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i did get that totally the wrong way 'round. oops [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I have worked in an Alzheimer's Lab, so every time something like this happens I worry a little [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if I was the only American that rooted for Bret during the America vs Canada feud? IMHO, this is one of the worst moments in WWF history. After an 11 year relationship with each other, Vince still couldn't trust Bret to forfeit the title the next night on Raw? Then they could have done something sweet like put the title on the line in the Royal Rumble match (as in 1992). Bret was foolish though. No way he should have allowed himself to be put into a submission hold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I was a Canadian kid rooting for Michaels if that helps. I've always been a huge Michaels mark, since he first went solo. (Probably would have been before that too, but I'm too young to remember much prior to him kicking Janetty through the glass.)

Also, Bret was selfish not to want to drop the title in Canada. His ego got in the way of business. It isn't as if the show was actually in Calgary or something, Montreal isn't anywhere near his hometown, and fans deserve to see clean title changes when possible, not guys laying down the belt the next day.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My fav match is Hogan vs The Iraqi Sgt. Slaughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-23-2007, 06:38 AM

WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When hogan dropped the big leg on the Sarge it was just like America dropping the big leg on Iraq. On that day I knew just how proud to be an American I was.

As far as a series of matches go my fav were the old 80's and early 90's matches on weekend mornings. Iron Mike Sharpe would fight every weekend over and over. He was by far the funniest wrestler of all time. I think he set the bar for how some of the heel's act today.