Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Pot

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently shrinks your genial organs,desciroption!

[/ QUOTE ]

the amount of retardedness in this thread amazes me!!!! i wonder how huge my wanger would be if i didnt smoke pot??!?!?!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mental problmes including depression, long-term lack of motivation, etc. I'd recomment talking to a GP or at least looking on some medical websites for more detailed desciroption!

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, i think te rest of your disciptions could also fit in with the whole gateaway theory, i mean does pot cause depression, or do depressed people smoke pot to feel better?
the same with lsack of motivation, i bet un-motivated people might smoke pot because they are bored...

the governemet does not allow any study to take place in the US that might show MJ in a positive way. many tests were done before the '70s , in india & jamaca, which show it to be a mostly harmless drug, but such tests have been long burried.

during the 70's a whole slew of negative studies were performed by 1 doctor(paid for by the government) which showed the effects such as the gateway theory and all the other effects you mentioned but since then the studies have been refuted & the doctor who performed the studies has been discredited. That still doesn't keep the government from using these studies in its propaganda...

In the end if its such a bad drug where are the casualties?whre are all the zombies with small wangers? why dont all pot smokers have the sudden urge to do heroin? MJ users are a functioning part of society, doctors, lawyers, artists, even cops(gasp!) have people in there ranks that smoke pot and can go on and live a normal existance.

with coke, alchhol,tobacco, heroin, meth you can point to the addicts, cancer victims,and crime problems and say here is the evidence of the probelms thesse drugs create, with pot these things DO NOT EXIST. if they did exist they would be quickley pointed out, but instead the government has to come up with wacky ideas like gonad shrinkage, and stupid gatway thoeries to continue the "reefer madness"

i'm not saying overuse of pot is harmless, with all drugs there are side effects, but this plant has been demonized for profit & no other reason.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:44 AM

a related video just for [censored] & giggles....

this would never be allowed to be shown on US tv!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7_ajF741I
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm being levelled here, but this can't be serious. The theory of pot as a gateway drug has been disproven years ago. It's a slick propaganda agrument to demonize the drug and holds absolutely no merit. Logically - those individuals that will try heroin, coke, etc will likely have also tried pot at some point in their life. There is no empirical evidence that pot use LEADS to other drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is empirical evidence that the vast majority of people who do heroin and coke started out smoking pot, prior to moving on.

people get bothered by this theory because the vast majority of pot users never go on to do anything else, ie see levelling. still, a much higher percentage of pot users go on to do something else than non-pot users.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though the vast majority of people who started out driving regular cars do not go onto the 'harder' cars such as dragsters and indi racing cars, the majority of indi and dragster drivers started out with a 'soft' regular car.

However, driving an everyday car does not 'cause' going on to being a race car driver.

And by the same token smoking marijuana does not 'cause' one to go onto using harder drugs.