Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Black People

[ QUOTE ]
Liberal eliteist white democrats are extreme hypocrites and always the most racist. I would say that democrats on average are more racist than republicans. However, liberal democrats speak with their actions instead of their words.

They preach equality among the races but don't want to go near minorities and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that they don't want their children to go to the same school as black children.

As far as whites NOT wanting to move into places like Harlem, that's pretty easy to understand. They will be the target of violent crime due to their skin color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, there actually is some truth to these last two posts. A recent study (Harton, et al., 2006) showed that white political liberals were more likely to be covert racists than white political conservatives. However, white conservatives were more likely than white liberals to be overt racists.

Regardless of political orientation, all white participants showed the same signs of physiological reactivity (as measured by increased heart rate I believe) when physical contact was made by an african american experimenter. (Physiological reactivity was less overall when contact was made by a white experimenter).

FYI.

R. Sherman
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Does anyone with money want to send their kids to mostly black public schools? Of course not.

This is equally true of democrats as republicans. No family with a lot of money in NYC is going to send their kids to a public school full of minorities, regardless of their political affiliation. Isn't this obvious?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 AM

God forbid. It might rub off.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:23 AM

if there was a school with a high percentage of blacks AND high SAT scores then it would be different. i am not a racist but i would not send my (future) children to a predominantly black school. there are many social and economic reasons behind why blacks and poverty often go together. research "black wall street" an extremely rich all black community in tulsa, oklahoma which was destroyed. i would also not want to send my children, if i had any, to a school in a poor white area.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 AM

meh, racism. Much easier to blame 'the man' for your problems. Much harder to focus on the real cultural pathologies in your 'community' -just ask Cosby.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Shocking

[ QUOTE ]
Might point is that your own life experiences and beliefs are a poor substitute for decades of scientific research.

[/ QUOTE ] I have noted that those in academia seem to call those that have life experience, those that have lived in the milue they are attempting to measure and quanitate, as individuals that are incapable of critical thinking. The joke is on them.
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, my original points still stand.
1) Racism exists.
2) Being overtly racist has become very stigmatized in our culture.
3) This stigmatization has led to fewer act of racism (discrimination); yet the evidence indicates that feelings of racial dislike (prejudice) and thoughts of racial dislike (stereotypes) are still pervasive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well these are not your origional statements. Go study a real science, work in the real world and then come back to the psych mumbo mumbo if you want.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you commit the crime, you do the time and it doesn't matter what color your skin is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Then why do blacks routinely get longer/harsher sentences than whites for comparable crimes? I've already linked one study in this thread.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:20 AM

Blacks do NOT get longer/harsher sentences for comparable crimes than whites due to them being black. While racist organizations like the NAACP like to claim things like this, ITS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!

I will agree that 2 people can commit the exact same crime and get 2 completely different sentences. However, this is caused by a variety of factors including:

1. Past criminal record
2. The ability to afford a good defense attorney as opposed to a public defender.
3. Jury selection
4. The state that the crime is committed in, etc.

How about O.J. Simpson? The evidence was OVERWHELMING that he murdered those 2 people and he didn't serve a day in jail. He had no prior criminal record and hired the best defense attorney that money can buy who played the B.S. race card to perfection.
-----------------------------------------------------
A recent study (Harton, et al., 2006) showed that white political liberals were more likely to be covert racists than white political conservatives. However, white conservatives were more likely than white liberals to be overt racists.

Sherman, you are 100% accurate with that statement. Its the absolute truth.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
During this All Star weekend, I noticed that about 40% of the customers were black. Normally its about 15%. But in spite of the fact that the crowds were a lot younger and blacker than usual, I never detected a hint of prejudice. No incidents, or even subtle actions or aloofness. I understand that it is easier to be polite when you are a millionaire, but I'm old enough to remember when there was always at least some signs of discomfort in situations like these.

So does that mean that this country has become basically colorblind? Possibly. But I have another theory. I believe that the acceptance of black people has been accelerated by the fact that white people's prejudice are now focused on Middle Easterners (because of terrorism) and Hispanics (because of illegal aliens). Add that to the fact that whites have noticed how many black people have died, along with white people, both at the World Trade Center, and fighting in Iraq, and you have a situation where mild bigots look elsewhere. If so this is one small silver lining regarding the otherwise unpleasant events of the last few years. Agree or disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

did it ever occur to you that in a city like Vegas you've got a lot more urbanization and that making a statement like you did is taking waaaaaay too small a sample size for such a blanket remark in regards to this country being color blind?

yeah, things have changed, i'm sure, but go visit franklin, tx or podunk, tn and see what it would be like to be black there.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Liberal eliteist white democrats are extreme hypocrites and always the most racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a citation for this or anything else to support?

Interestingly enough when a Black person does well for themselves, they tend to be cast out by the rest of the blacks. Examples: Condalisa Rice and Collin Powell.