Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 AM

Default 5-10 deep, live, w/possible tilter

Villian seems bad but is on the tight side preflop...he seems like the type to pay off too much and/or make a few ill advised bluffs...

background hand: maniac opens for $40, button calls, villian calls from SB, and i make it $340 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and everybody calls...Flop is j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...Villian leads for $1200 and I shove for $1000 more. Villian misses flush draw and seems slightly tiltish

despite the previous hand my image is fairly TAGGISH/solid for once.

2 hands later: maniac limps, villian (~3k left) makes it $70 from the cutoff, i call on button w/ k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I called because we're deep and these are definitely the two guys i want to play pots with.....maniac also calls

flop: k [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, villian bets $200, i call, maniac folds.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villian checks, i bet $300 and villian calls. Probably a bad bet but basically at this point i'm looking for a cheap showdown and this villian is particularly unlikely to checkraise bluff.

river: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villian instantly leads for $1000 into pot of $1200....WTF, it seems highly unlikely this villian will play AK like this but i have no real clue what he has....Hero?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: 5-10 deep, live, w/possible tilter

i have a really hard time believing that he (1) has a hand that was only good enough to c/c a small bet on the turn but come out firing very big on the river, and (2) that he thinks your hand is so strong that you'll pay off a $1000 river bet with something worse than his presumably non-lock hand

so i call here, and knowing that he makes ill-advised bluffs and just lost a big pot to you makes me even happier to do so. he could've just decided that he thinks you're weak, not care what you might have and what you're representing, and just trying to take it away (or could be pissed that he missed with something like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

if you lost, i'm guessing it was to AA

edit: my only concern here is that he wouldn't bet the flop without a pretty big hand because of the presence of the maniac. what kind of range do you think he bets on the flop?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: my only concern here is that he wouldn't bet the flop without a pretty big hand because of the presence of the maniac. what kind of range do you think he bets on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking villian is probably leading out here with any two cards he may have. Maniac tends to lead out if he gets any piece of the flop. He hasn't checkraised much
Old 02-22-2007, 06:57 PM

well his line makes no sense, thats for sure. maybe he stumbled into something like Ah2h, but other than that it looks like a bluff. I probably take a good look at him for some reads, and look him up barring a negative read.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM

hey clint, on JJ5r, what flush draw did he miss?

why is the turn a bad bet? I think its good. '

river looks like a call.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM

hey josh, is your avatar of super shin or super sin? i cant tell.

[ QUOTE ]

if you lost, i'm guessing it was to AA

[/ QUOTE ]
villain has AA maybe 5% of the time. these peopel simply dont check call AA there. they bet, and if they check, they raise. aa is the nuts, ALWAYS.

i wouldnt be surprised to see villain with q4, 67, k6, HH, A8, etc. hand range is fricken huge.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey clint, on JJ5r, what flush draw did he miss?

why is the turn a bad bet? I think its good. '

river looks like a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad....the flop had 2 spades...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM

I guess i got what i needed out of this thread and it seems like a call is not out of line here....I did try my best to get a read from him but really couldn't get one which probably should have led me to believe that he was strong....

Anyway, i called and he had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]