Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Bank of America Hates Legal Citizens (Especially if they play poker)

[ QUOTE ]
They (B of A) were dicks 25 years ago. I quit doing any business with them then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on them being dicks way back when. I stopped doing business with them 27 years ago when my complaints were met with 3 consecutive form letters and never any action or resolution (kinda like Party support). They had made a mistake and I wanted my $9 back. When I went to a branch to discuss things, a manager handed me a form letter and suggested I call the corporate office. Heh.

What's $9 plus 27 years interest?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Bank of America Hates Legal Citizens (Especially if they play poke

I requested an EFT to B of A almost 2 weeks ago. Still hasnt shown up...prob gone
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand what the problem is here. With housing going downhill quickly and expanding home equity loans now drying up, we need a new waying of dropping money straight into consumers hands or else the American economy collapses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only point is that BOA has been a huge stickler for tons of players when it comes to EFT's and depositing/cashing checks, and turn around to do something like this that seems far more risky and gives an opportunity for illegals to enjoy something they otherwise could not.

But they are doing their best to make sure U.S. Citizens can't get a hold of their poker loot.

All I ask is for BOA to turn a blind eye on both counts, or neither.

the shape

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point (and possibly my doom oriented sarcasm), in that the importance of keeping a completely consumer driven american economy afloat dwarfs the importance of helping out a few poker players.

mostly I was taking a shot at the almost surreal economic times we live in rather than your post. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A key difference is one is illegal and the other is not. The real thing to gripe out is the know your customer laws.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I went to a branch to discuss things, a manager handed me a form letter and suggested I call the corporate office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Self-satire makes my head asplode. That's [censored] brilliant.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:41 PM

I have a BoA account. I was about to try to wire funds there from Epassporte. Is this a bad idea?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand what the problem is here. With housing going downhill quickly and expanding home equity loans now drying up, we need a new waying of dropping money straight into consumers hands or else the American economy collapses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only point is that BOA has been a huge stickler for tons of players when it comes to EFT's and depositing/cashing checks, and turn around to do something like this that seems far more risky and gives an opportunity for illegals to enjoy something they otherwise could not.

But they are doing their best to make sure U.S. Citizens can't get a hold of their poker loot.

the shape

[/ QUOTE ]

BoA isn't INS. They're not an official government back, in case you didn't realize that. They'll do what's in their best interests, and if it includes taking business from illegals (which is no different from investing in a sketchy foreign market), then more power to them.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:51 PM

Free enterprize.

I don't give a hoot who they loan their money to. It is their money.

Sorta like the big flap about a Taco chain in Texas taking pesos. Who gives a rats a$$. The can take shiny beads for all I care.

Tuff
Old 02-22-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the shape

[/ QUOTE ]

BoA isn't INS. They're not an official government back, in case you didn't realize that. They'll do what's in their best interests, and if it includes taking business from illegals (which is no different from investing in a sketchy foreign market), then more power to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe illegal gets booted, they get money
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 AM

I hate BoA because they arrest customers who ask if a check they received is real or not after telling him that it is real, when they knew it was fake.