Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: New Deposit Option on Pokerstars

since the card requires a SSN given, I assume it is all easily trackable by the IRS
Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since the card requires a SSN given, I assume it is all easily trackable by the IRS

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly it was in the papers that major US banks are giving illegal immigrants from mexico credit cards, without any need for social security number.

So what I take from that is that the SSN is not totally mandatory.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody with more knowledge on this type of stuff might have some idea on how long it takes the govt or DOJ or whoever to tell Visa to tell that little group in Antigua to knock it off and stop accepting U.S. customers for online-gambling stuff.

It is Visa afterall, right?
An American company, right?
So is not possible for the govt to step in somehow?

I realize these Q's might be about as ignorant as, "do I have to pay taxes on poker winnings?" but I really don't know very much...included in that stuff I don't know squat about is how these off-shore credit-card thingees work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Visa itself is a pretty weird organization that's somewhere between a joint venture and a franchisee. (See Wikipedia). I don't fully understand it myself, but I don't think it's a traditional company that can just put its foot down and say "cut that out". The banks that issue cards have a lot of leeway and, as the Wiki article suggests, standards and practices may be different from country to country.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody answered my question earlier (sorry if it's obvious):

Can I use this to get funds from pokerstars to my account without having to take cash out of an ATM?

If so, what will the fees be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even bother? It's a real debit card that's accepted everywhere, at $1/use. I'm going to use it to buy every really expensive thing I feel like via withdrawing money to it 2 hours in advance. There's no real reason to even use EFT's with it at all, so your bank will never raise a hassle over you being an evil online gambooler again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I want my money in ING or something similar. Also, I'd like my money protected by more than a few passwords.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

I do not approve of this testing without my knowledge. It would be so much better to send emails to players asking if they'd like to participate in beta testing for a new deposit method, as opposed to randomly teasing people with it and no one knowing WTF was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

A phased rollout is not testing.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

I do not approve of this testing without my knowledge. It would be so much better to send emails to players asking if they'd like to participate in beta testing for a new deposit method, as opposed to randomly teasing people with it and no one knowing WTF was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

A phased rollout is not testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you want to call it, it's stupid and annoying to have to read an internet forum to figure out what it is.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only participating if you, by your own free will, sign up for it. Atleast you have the option, unlike a lot of others. Myself included.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope they aren't going in alphabetical order. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Could be awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

But "K" is only the 11th letter, it could be worse Mr. Kong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, if i actually had this username at Stars. It was already taken at every poker site i joined. Was shocked it wasn't taken here at 2+2.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only participating if you, by your own free will, sign up for it. Atleast you have the option, unlike a lot of others. Myself included.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has the right to know that the option on the screen is still being 'rolled out' or 'tested' or whatever.

They just put the option up there and he has no idea that if he chooses to use it he is somehow part of the 'test'.

So his 'own free will' doesn't apply if he assumes that it's a regular option for everybody.

I don't think it's that big a deal.
But Stars COULD consider letting the people know that this is a new option that is currently only being made available for certain customers.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM

i just downloaded a new stars update and now have the option to sign up (as of 5:30 pm pacific). i signed up for the card and made a withdrawl to it.