seen any questions that get to the meat. There is no coincidence
he mentions ArtOfAce and Sirens as two
of the tougher players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then ask a meat filled question

Old 02-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: The Well - What is 7x6

[ QUOTE ]
guys I think it's out of line to talk about players and how bad they are and some reasons why. Compliments is fine byt defining the fish is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree whole heartedly. I will not single any player out ever, there really is no point in a public forum. If someone is truly bad, use that information to take their money, not to satiate your ego. But i dont think anyone in this thread has really called any players out, my response to the super aggro player was an in general comment, not specific to the two players that were mentioned.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he mentions ArtOfAce and Sirens as two
of the tougher players.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you are also in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree, he didnt pop into my head when i was writing it, but certainly a very stong player.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure what your goals are Whatis7x6, but if you are looking for a player to talk shorthanded omaha with, nobody I have ever come across knows more about shorthanded omaha than DeNutza.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Sounds like a good use of my time then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2007, 05:10 PM

Yeah definitely. He has ideas that have never been printed or discussed and are extremely counterintuitive that really helped my shorthanded game.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:20 PM

I suppose a meaty question would be something that gets
right to the heart of shorthanded omaha:

How should I play vs. 7x6?
How should I play vs. ArtOfAce?
(I purposely included 2 very different styles)

In other words, starting with being very general,
what is the proper counter-strategy.

Counter-stratgies and reading hands are the meat of any
shorthanded game (although your style incorporates
a lot of "image management")

You might say, the question is too vague, and any brief
answer would not make someone a great shorthanded player.
But most people approach these two problems entirely
wrong (or even worse, dont adjust their game at all and
play each opponent the same), and a vague answer would
improve their results significantly.

I'm being quite vague myself. I really dont want you to
answer these type of questions in too great of detail.
Maybe this is a public forum and Ill get flamed, but life
is difficult enough.

I really dont know if I even know the answers better than
anyone on here. Ive flip-flopped so much on approaches
to the game this past 1.5 yrs its not even funny.
Talking to guys like JV and hg_bg have without a doubt
helped me learn new perspectives, and helped me make
the more extreme adjustments vs certain styles that
seem to be necessary.

I did just think of a question that Ive often wondered about:
Ive always had the feeling that successful-agg players
were extememly good at recognizing and reacting to
click-tells.

On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate yourself on this
ability, 10 being best?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding..........

Click Tells eh? Thats a tough one. It really depends on the opponent. There are oppoenents out there who always, and i mean always use the delay thinking tactic on the river when they have a huge hand. Its a great tell. However, there are also tricky Opponents who use it both ways, they establish the tell then use it when they have nothing. I am always pretty careful about letting that influence me. I try to judge my call on the pot, the opponent and what i think the situation is.

I know that from my perspective, i easlity fall into patterns in how i bet and how fast i respond. Once i notice that, i use those patterns against oppoenents i think are observing them. Becuase i can do that, i know my opponents can do it as well, so i dont rely too much on them.

That being said, there are some opponents that i know dont adjust, and do the same thing everytime. In that respect i will use them.

I guess the answer is that i dont rely on them too heavily.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:05 PM

I am not really familiar with your game or style of playing other than what I have read in this thread, but it sounds like a lot of your profit comes from image building and getting paid off when holding big hands.

When playing shorthanded and headsup PL, I find that I have better success against regular full ring players playing LAG and using that to help get paid off when holding big hands.

As you have already said, when you are semibluffing and missing your most of your draws, you look like a tilting maniac. How do you deal with this? Do you just continue to play your normal game, do you quit the current session for a while, or are there further adjustments that you make to take advantage of that image?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not really familiar with your game or style of playing other than what I have read in this thread, but it sounds like a lot of your profit comes from image building and getting paid off when holding big hands.

When playing shorthanded and headsup PL, I find that I have better success against regular full ring players playing LAG and using that to help get paid off when holding big hands.

As you have already said, when you are semibluffing and missing your most of your draws, you look like a tilting maniac. How do you deal with this? Do you just continue to play your normal game, do you quit the current session for a while, or are there further adjustments that you make to take advantage of that image?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking like a tilting maniac is a good thing in my mind. I deal with it by using that image to get paid off when i hold a hand. There is no reason not to continue to play as i have been. Remember, looking like a tilting maniac is what my opponents think, not what i think. I am playing a strong game withing my game plan, it is precisely because others misinterpret my play that my image becomes incredibly useful.

The odd thing is, even if i tighten up, most people dont notice. A few days ago, i was playing a session where i was experimenting with very passive tight play, to see how it would work and how my oppoenents would act. I lost a hand to a 2-5 outer on the river and wrote "lol", more so at the absurdity of playing the way i was which i think contributed to losing than at my opponent who won.

A seperate player, who berates every other player and was not involved in the pot, started going off on me for even opening my mouth considering how bad i am, how much of a maniac, etc.............

Here i was, playing tight/weak poker and this guy didnt pick up on anything. In his mind, i am a maniac, no matter what my current play might suggest. I dont expect him to read into the real meaning of my "lol", he is not sharp enough to see beyond the type into meaning anyway, but it went over his head that i was doing anything different.

This player actually isnt all that bad, but it is his lack of respect for others games, and his overall attitude that will hold him back to never be a top notch player. I dont know if you have ever read the book "Enders Game" but in it, in order to beat his opponentws, the protagonist needs to truly understand them, learn how they think, and in his mind love them. Now, i wouldnt quite go *that* far in poker, but the concept applies. You need to understand how your oppoenents think, and what their motives are, even if you disagree with the process and end result.