Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Re: (109 Unarmed) big draw out of BB (10/15)

Apparently whatever this villain had..

checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t225</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t840 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">UTG folds</font>
Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is easy. against anyone halfway decent, i will bet the flop, and check push most turns. this isnt really that hard. why would you check call 90 when you can bet 60, have a chance to win the pot outright, and get to see the turn cheaper than check calling 90? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Raptor--

Why not bet 90 on the flop if your going to check raise all-in on the turn? Wouldn't you want a bigger pot on the flop if you're expecting the villian to fold on the turn? Do you think a pot size bet is too suspicious on the flop?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is easy. against anyone halfway decent, i will bet the flop, and check push most turns. this isnt really that hard. why would you check call 90 when you can bet 60, have a chance to win the pot outright, and get to see the turn cheaper than check calling 90? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Raptor--

Why not bet 90 on the flop if your going to check raise all-in on the turn? Wouldn't you want a bigger pot on the flop if you're expecting the villian to fold on the turn? Do you think a pot size bet is too suspicious on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

that has some merit, because you want the pot bigger to take down, etc, but i make a ton of steals oop in 3 handed pots lvl 2 and dont like to vary my bet. if sometimes i bet 90 and sometimes i bet 60 ppl that play a lot will get suspricious. i lead this flop for 60 with 2 pair, set, flush draws, straight draws, etc. the ability to take it down uncontested makes it worth firing with any potential at a ton of flops. betting 90 to check push the turn is just fine though if you dont lead at a lot of pots. absolutely nothing wrong with it, and if i didnt have ppl playing in 50 of my games a day, id prolly bet slightly more than 60 optimally. holla
Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently whatever this villain had..

checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t225</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t840 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">UTG folds</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

check call check pushing works ok too, but i like leading for my chance to take it on the flop. nice hand unarmed. holla