Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Are you a donkey?

[ QUOTE ]

Scores are still being updated constantly to adjust the mean score to 100. Scores will continue to change until the test is finalized and the scoring is locked in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the right answers are now published,have you locked the scoring in,Lyric?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 AM

Got a 119 but was unsure of several of my answers. Fun test. Looks like I should stay away from tournaments and speed poker.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol i remember taking this test a while ago, i got like halfway through it and quit... basically, they play a hand TERRIBLY up to a certain point, then ask you what you would do when you get in a situation that you would never be in if you were a halfway decent poker player.

it's like, "what do you do when you wake up naked next to a fat chick with a beard?" obv the answer is don't sleep with her in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the disclaimer next time.

"The "hero" will often play a hand horribly. Analyze the hand and choose the correct answer after you find yourself in a terrible spot."
Linky

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok how about next time you make a test where the person in the test doesn't suck? I don't get why you did it this way.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scores are still being updated constantly to adjust the mean score to 100. Scores will continue to change until the test is finalized and the scoring is locked in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the right answers are now published,have you locked the scoring in,Lyric?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, test is still being edited.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol i remember taking this test a while ago, i got like halfway through it and quit... basically, they play a hand TERRIBLY up to a certain point, then ask you what you would do when you get in a situation that you would never be in if you were a halfway decent poker player.

it's like, "what do you do when you wake up naked next to a fat chick with a beard?" obv the answer is don't sleep with her in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the disclaimer next time.

"The "hero" will often play a hand horribly. Analyze the hand and choose the correct answer after you find yourself in a terrible spot."
Linky

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok how about next time you make a test where the person in the test doesn't suck? I don't get why you did it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

The decisions are often much harder when you play a hand badly. This is one of the reasons we like to play hands well. It makes decisions much easier.

Including difficult and out of the ordinary situations forces test takers to actually think about the hand, apply hand ranges to opponents and decide what is best.

The best players tend to do well in badly played hands. Mediocre players tend to be lost and play badly if forced to make an unusual decision.

Strange situations are needed to differentiate between good players and the best players.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 AM

Your Tournament Play score of 34% is significantly lower than your average percentile score.This score is better than 14.31% of all persons taking this test.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Does speed affect IQ score or no?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 AM

135 here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

big pairs 97. position, betting patterns and bluffing also good.

donkaments suck.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i relooked at the poekr IQ test thing

someone talk to me about Q.13:

You and a friend are flipping a coin. It comes up heads 4 times in a row. You flip it again. Neither one of you is cheating and the coin is a normal coin. If you were to gamble on the outcome of the 5th flip, what would you do?

(a)Bet on tails
(b)It doesn't matter, it's still 50/50
(c)Bet on heads

it would seem that (b) would be the answer they want, but in my mind (c) is easily the obvious choice

no?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you pass junior high school math?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it had said that it had landed on heads 50 times in a row instead of 4 times? Then I think the most correct answer is probably that the premise is wrong and either one of you is cheating or it is not a normal coin. But obviously if you accept the premises, then (b) is correct. If I had to bet on the next flip of the coin in this question, though, i'd be sure as hell to bet on heads, even though it 'doesn't matter'. Chances are, the coin is not a fair coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, b is probably the answer they want, c is what I would pick in real life, and if you accept the premise that the coin is normal and no one is cheating you should pick A because tails is slightly more likely than heads on a normal coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

(c) is obviously correct. Different levels of understanding indicate different answers:

Super donk-- Tails is due.
Semi-donk-- Heads is coming up a lot.
Ordinary pro gambler, or someone who's read a mathbook-- It doesn't matter.
Expert--Since it doesn't matter if the coin is fair, I'll bet Heads, in case my assumption that the coin is fair is wrong.

I chose Heads, since I'm a semi-donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

who said a 'normal coin' = 'fair coin'?
a normal coin could be many years old, and wear and tear could influence balance

someone in ssnl also came up with that coins arent weighted evenly, heads is meant to be slightly heavier (i cant confirm this)

also, since we assume everything else is fair (no cheating etc) and basic math says that its 50/50 anyway, why wouldnt you take heads on the minute chance that the coin isnt fair or the table is slanted weirdly or something