Clear fold.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: I think I just threw up

Not a clear fold but a crying one
Old 02-22-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can he have a 5, and

A) call the flop not closing the action (presumably with no draw, because there is no legit draw for him to have) and
B) not c/r the turn, or do SOMETHING other than call, on this board?

What's his reraising range like? Could have have QQ-AA here? This would be an out-of-character way for someone with his stats to play TT/77, I'd call in the moment because his line makes no sense with any big hand, but our hand looks pretty strong I can't imagine what he'd expect you to fold so a bluff seems out of place? Weird hand.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only hand I'd expect to see here is TT or QQ++. I'd never expect to see a 5.

Still, I think any of those hands raises or c/r flop or turn.

I probably call this, unless I have some sick read or history on villan. I expect to see a lot of bluffs here.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can he have a 5, and

A) call the flop not closing the action (presumably with no draw, because there is no legit draw for him to have) and
B) not c/r the turn, or do SOMETHING other than call, on this board?

What's his reraising range like? Could have have QQ-AA here? This would be an out-of-character way for someone with his stats to play TT/77, I'd call in the moment because his line makes no sense with any big hand, but our hand looks pretty strong I can't imagine what he'd expect you to fold so a bluff seems out of place? Weird hand.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only hand I'd expect to see here is TT or QQ++. I'd never expect to see a 5.

Still, I think any of those hands raises or c/r flop or turn.

I probably call this, unless I have some sick read or history on villan. I expect to see a lot of bluffs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hand makes sense here. I cannot see him having quad 5's. TT and 77 are small possibilities, but you'd think he'd bet or c/r the turn. However, a bluff does not make sense either. He has to put you on AT, JJ+ and cannot think his bluff will work very often.

More information would be helpful. Has he gone all in on other hands? Has he bluffed all in? Has he seen you make some big lay downs? If you answer no to all these questions, then by process of elimination, I'd say he had a total monster (TT probably) and was trying to play it tricky.

I'd fold.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:08 AM

bluffs?!?!?! c'mon man. i dont think villan is ever bluffing, he either has 5 full of 10s or your crushed.

i call because its more fun than folding and this way i get to see i was beat for sure.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:11 AM

is he retarded enough to do it with Tx / 7x / 88 / 99 ?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 AM

for everyone who said fold, would your answer change if the river were an offsuit deuce (blank)
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluffs?!?!?! c'mon man. i dont think villan is ever bluffing, he either has 5 full of 10s or your crushed.

i call because its more fun than folding and this way i get to see i was beat for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bluffs" are a possibility - if he plays draws passively then there are plenty of ways he could make it to the river with a hand w/ no showdown value, and decide to beat hero to the punch. Whether he would overbet-bluff or not is another question, the answer to that depends on his aggression, how he views hero, etc.

Surf
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 AM

At the time I didn't really know how he played but after looking back at the hands, he seemed to play draws very passively just c/c down and bet big when he hit. I don't see him ever pushing with a T and pushing a busted draw here seems pretty ballsy especially since I've turned my hand face up(don't know if he's smart enough to realize this though), which ultimately was the reason I decided to fold.

On a side note, if I had AA does it change anything? What hands are you calling with here?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM

I'd fold then have a beer to wash the taste of vomit out of my mouth.