Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: why veganmav is vegan

People making "I'm going to cook up some steak" jokes...lol, nh, gg, wtg. You guys are super creative and funny.

"COUNTERPOINT: WE'RE BETTER THAN COWS SO WE EAT THEM. END OF STORY SON."

COUNTERPOINT: I'M BETTER THAN YOU SO SHUT THE [censored] UP. END OF STORY, SON.

None of the vegetarians/vegans here have said that eating meat is inherently wrong. It's the treatment of the animals while they are alive that is the issue.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 PM

[censored] that [censored], Animals are there for us to eat dam Hippies
Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't this kinda joke ever get old to you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]
This implies that this situation frequently comes up in my life, which is not correct.

[ QUOTE ]
This certainly doesn't bother me in the slightest. It seems a lot of the meat eaters, when confronted with the ethical/health/environmental impacts of the food decisions they make every day, get defensive and think that 'our' side would prefer they feel guilt and not get pleasure from eating meat and other animal products.

[/ QUOTE ]
the ethics of eating meat/animal products don't affect me in the slightest, and an ideal healthy lifestyle would actually include a significant amount of meat and animal products (e.g. chicken breasts, lean steak, not the bbq ribs that I just ate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

[ QUOTE ]
I never guilt my friends or bring this stuff up when I go to dinner with people, unless they ask me about why I'm mostly vegan (I eat fish every once in a while)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you guys ever think ahead to the future and worry that just maybe the choices and habits you form early in life will catch up with you? Don't you guys worry about heart disease and clogged arteries? Like I tell a lot of my meat eating poker playing friends when they prompt me, you can do yourself a lot of good by just decreasing the amount of animal products you eat and increasing the amount of unprocessed plant food. I have little interest in trying to convert people to become vegan (a choice that takes a long time, a lot of work and committment if you've eaten the typical american diet all your life) but I do care about my friends and family and want them to live long, relatively disease free lives. Obviously same applies to getting excercise and enough sleep to stay healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll readily admit that I'm for from perfect, but in fairness, I am much healthier then most and I am in great shape. Despite what anybody will tell you, as a vegan it is incredibly hard to get everything in your body that you need. It is a lifestyle in itself just to do a sufficient job. And if you're an athlete or care about your physique, the lack of quality protein (and having to obsessively cycle what you're eating to get a full spectrum of poor quality amino acids), you are holding yourself back in a big way.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll readily admit that I'm for from perfect, but in fairness, I am much healthier then most and I am in great shape. Despite what anybody will tell you, as a vegan it is incredibly hard to get everything in your body that you need. It is a lifestyle in itself just to do a sufficient job. And if you're an athlete or care about your physique, the lack of quality protein (and having to obsessively cycle what you're eating to get a full spectrum of poor quality amino acids), you are holding yourself back in a big way.

[/ QUOTE ]

carl lewis was and is vegan.

The ironman triathlon winners are almost always vegetarian, and often vegan.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 AM

Veganmav, I'm sure you are aware of the large portions of rainforest which are destroyed every year for crop farming. If you gave up eating vegetables this problem would be aleviated. Whats the difference?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 AM

We are born with sharp incisor teeth for a reason.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so we can pollute.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is arguing whether we are "meant to eat meat" or not.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 AM

The only issue in this thread is whether or not animals should be treated humanely before they are killed.
What kind of bad ass mother[censored] would be for inhumane animal treatment?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 AM

I was expecting to see a page full of links from the PETA website.