Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15-30, JJ hand, A on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I did end up betting, because I didn't want to give the free draw, and I just didn't think an A was that feasible minus a better read.

He did check-raise after I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Further results and my thoughts.

At the time, I felt like the bet was correct given the hands I would think people might open limp with from the CO. When he called the flop bet, I figured he had a hand with hearts like 87s, or JTs, a smaller pair 88-33, or maybe some other random overcard, or a hand with a 9 in it maybe.

On the turn as I mentioned I discounted him having an A, because outside of having Ax of hearts it was hard to think of a hand with an A that would peel the flop, or that I didn't get more action from on the flop, that wouldn't raise PF.

Finally, my physical read of him, the way he was staring me down, was that he was taking a shot at the new guy. He might have been able to tell I was a little nervous, and the way he check-raised just made me think he was full of [censored].

I called the turn, and the river was a non-heart blank. He bet again, and kept staring me down, and I stuck with my read and called. He had J9o and MHIG.

Still not sure whether it was correct or not, and I appreciate all of the thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. always give a little chuckle in spots like this. and tell villain to never ever do that again.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Nice hand. You had a read and followed it. One other immportant thing to mention if you're going to be sitting at a table for a while or or you feel that your image is nervous/scared, then I would much rather call early in these type situations.
I want my image to be that I can't be pushed off hands, which might allow you to make a tough laydown later in session vs. aggro observant oppponents. If you fold this hand, people might start taking shots at you later.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Bet/Fold is the best line