Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: How did life begin?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can we just ignore SitNHit please? i feel like this forum has taken a large step back since he started posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

you prefer the atheist circlejerking that happened before this?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you thought it wouldn't get worse....
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can we just ignore SitNHit please? i feel like this forum has taken a large step back since he started posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

you prefer the atheist circlejerking that happened before this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the option is to deal with tangible nonsense every 4 words, well, I'll have to say "yes."
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Hmmm.... atheist circle jerks or this goodness...

[ QUOTE ]
Your admitting that you really don't know if you love someone if you can't feel sure about the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

tough choices.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not confuse the issue. The OP is 100% a materialistic question. The question is:

How did we get from lava to the first functioning cells?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you define it as a completely materialistic question, but I don't know if it encompasses the whole story. We could say that if we took 100,000 grunting Neanderthals, and given enough time they would produce, "Phantom of the Opera". And in a materialistic sense, that's what did happen, but it seems like we're missing part of the story trying to describe it that way.

I understand your point, but matter is essentially patterns and structures of energy. We're really not talking about two different things here (e=mc^2). Thoughts are basically intangible patterns of energy, and it was the interaction of billions and billions and billions of these patterns that took man from grunts to an opera, with an almost imperceptible change in the physical or materialistic properties of the brain.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God can be defined as many things and there are a lot of things that prove that he exists

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send Shakti a note, cuz she ain't liking this one bit. She exists for millions of us.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If im so ludacris, stupid, so beneath all of your in intelligence, etc. Why even bother aknowledging my posts since they are so obviously false and painfully stupid?

You have proved one thing and one thing only which you guys thrive on, is proving that Christians don't have any clear cut evidence that a scientist would accept that God exists.

I gotta say, some pretty smart and intelligent people went into devising a plan to accomplish that. What a victory.

Does the same argument ever get old? Are you that robotic and lack of Depth?

I guess so......

Why would such smart and intelligent people waste their super minds on stupid me. There is a reason, cause there is confusion. The fact that both of us can't prove anything we say when it comes to Christianity but one obviously have a belief in something and one doesnt and that makes you frustrated.

Alright, go ahead and tell me how what I just said proves that I am even more stupid and brainless then even before.

And don't worry, I just chose to indulge and do something I never do is chat in a forum with a bunch of Athiest about God.

It would be the same as walking into a room full of Athiest and lone me discussing God. It's so hilarious , you guys truly gave me good chuckles over my few days hear. I will look in from time to time and contribute my pointless , non-intellectual dribble.

Your Friend
Mike.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Mike I respect your opinion, but please don't call Mormonism "Christianity". If you want to defend your faith, please defend Mormonism, and call it that.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike I respect your opinion, but please don't call Mormonism "Christianity". If you want to defend your faith, please defend Mormonism, and call it that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then surely no-one should use the word "Christianity", since you all have different variations and all the others are wrong.

Do you have a benchmark number of alternative fictional claims that a sect has to make before it is no longer Christianity?

"Please don't call your predictions based on stars 'astrology', you have rediculous and unverifiable beliefs that dispute known facts" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM

I have no idea how life began but neither does Christianity or any other religion. None of them can explain how their Gods came to exist. So unless you exclude God from the definition of life, you're no closer to understanding than any atheist. You've just passed the buck. But arbitrarily excuding God from the definition of life is just a form of begging the question.

Right now I think the most likely and convincing explanation for the existence of our particular universe is that we are a virtual simulation created by our descendants.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then surely no-one should use the word "Christianity", since you all have different variations and all the others are wrong.

Do you have a benchmark number of alternative fictional claims that a sect has to make before it is no longer Christianity?

"Please don't call your predictions based on stars 'astrology', you have rediculous and unverifiable beliefs that dispute known facts" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no major christian sect/demonination considers mormonism "christianity". Many christian sects/demoninations consider other sects/demoninations as under "christianity".