Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Are you a donkey?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like EM2 did poorly on the donkament questions and did well on everything else.

EM2's Poker Skills

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the tourney questions weren't very good. I've told lyric as much, anybody else agree? (particularly those w/ lots of MTT experience).

[/ QUOTE ]

Tourney questions are all based on Harrington.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"[11:20] Test Maker: idk how i feel about that guy who figured out the answers tho
[11:20] Test Maker: he took it 150 times"

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense, on most of the 150 I only answered one question each time. But I still did waste about an hour to get all of them.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brag: i got 135.

beat: i play 1/2 NL, and dont even beat it that well

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Nice job on the test. I got 128 = I can beat low to mid-stakes games, which in my case is a fair description of my skill level. I was interested to find out I can also beat $5k NL tables when EM2 is sitting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 12:24 PM

I got 132. Scored lowest on the blinds and speed.
I play 5/10 and up (never higher than 25/50), and am a pro.

51 questions is kind of limited, but I guess it would take too much time if it was more...
Old 02-21-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i relooked at the poekr IQ test thing

someone talk to me about Q.13:

You and a friend are flipping a coin. It comes up heads 4 times in a row. You flip it again. Neither one of you is cheating and the coin is a normal coin. If you were to gamble on the outcome of the 5th flip, what would you do?

(a)Bet on tails
(b)It doesn't matter, it's still 50/50
(c)Bet on heads

it would seem that (b) would be the answer they want, but in my mind (c) is easily the obvious choice

no?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you pass junior high school math?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it had said that it had landed on heads 50 times in a row instead of 4 times? Then I think the most correct answer is probably that the premise is wrong and either one of you is cheating or it is not a normal coin. But obviously if you accept the premises, then (b) is correct. If I had to bet on the next flip of the coin in this question, though, i'd be sure as hell to bet on heads, even though it 'doesn't matter'. Chances are, the coin is not a fair coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, b is probably the answer they want, c is what I would pick in real life, and if you accept the premise that the coin is normal and no one is cheating you should pick A because tails is slightly more likely than heads on a normal coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

(c) is obviously correct. Different levels of understanding indicate different answers:

Super donk-- Tails is due.
Semi-donk-- Heads is coming up a lot.
Ordinary pro gambler, or someone who's read a mathbook-- It doesn't matter.
Expert--Since it doesn't matter if the coin is fair, I'll bet Heads, in case my assumption that the coin is fair is wrong.

I chose Heads, since I'm a semi-donk.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:46 PM

I took the test twice btw, the first time I was doing a bunch of other stuff so I got 0% on speed and scored 141 (if i remember correctly). The second time I went for speed and scored 149. In case lyric is referring to me when he says it's funny seeing people lie about their scores.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 PM

I got 136. Scored badly on tournament play & aggression which sounds about right.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 PM

No wonder this test is so nitty lyric wrote it =), and yes I thought I got f'ed in the tourney parts.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 PM

i did quite poorly got like 105 ish, i aint bovvered though {i am really :-( } i just wondering what some people think to some of the answers no 40 do u always put him on aces here? no 33 and 34 what do u put the opponent on to fold your hand no 26 why go all in surely wait for better hand before blinds get to you? why just call in no 25 in no 24 i can see u call thinking he has two overcards but what if he has a 10 or a 5 surely you dont want to double him up? in no 19 i can see why u would call with any two but should you not fold as u know u r behind no 14 why call , curious about that no 11 what does he have here qq? no 38 u call and no 7 u fold KK there is one extra raise but where are those people who say never fold KK prelfop when u need them, surely this is tooooooooooo tight. thx for your thoughts, i think i need them