Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 04:04 AM

Default PStars 1/2 hand reading

MP here is carrotsnake....he is running at a 25/20 and i have seen him make many big bets to try and get myself and others off hands. he has stated he sees me as a donk but oh well.

what kind of hands to you think i have here and what is his calling range??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($341.80)
Hero ($409)
SB ($241.60)
BB ($252.40)
UTG ($355.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with X, X.
1 fold</font>, MP raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $8, SB calls $7, 1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($26) A, T, Q (3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $21</font>, SB folds, MP calls $21.

Turn: ($68) 7 (2 players)</font>
MP checks,Hero bets $49</font>, MP calls $49.

River: ($166) A (2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero bets $101</font>, MP calls $101.

Final Pot: $368
Old 02-21-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: PStars 1/2 hand reading

you probably have missed diamonds
Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 AM

PF: I can see you having alot of different hands. KJs might be there, along with other such suited stuff (QJs). AQ is probably a repop, as is AK. AJ might be in your range, but I think thats typically a repop as well. I'm sure you are also capable of having some suited connector/J9s/etc. So, probably still pretty wide.

Flop: All checked to you, I think your still capable of having a wide range. JK are clearly still there, AQ might be there, AJ might be there, QTs might be there, KQ might be there, your range is still pretty wide IMO. Yes, betting into two others can be somewhat spewy sometimes (especially when you have a station like carrot there), but your range is still wide. After he c/cs the flop, I think he either has something like KK, Ax, pair + SD (though i'm sure he leads some of those).

turn: Your still capable of having something like Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. or Ax[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 89[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could be there too. overall, your hand range is narrowed a little bit, but the turn was very good for your hand, and its still fairly wide imo. Plus he'll fold some better hands sometimes (aces,etc). After he c/cs, I would probably narrow out KK from his range, and probably assume he has some sort of pair + draw or weak ace or something like that.

river: your bet here is strange. it can easily be a bluff, but villan is rarely folding an ace given the action. you might be trying to bluff with Qx or JT or something like that, but the river really didnt change anything. Furthermore, you could be value betting still with KJ and the like, still a good spot. If you had air, I would probably give up.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 AM

I think you have KJ/air a ton here, leaning more towords the air. I think he has AK a ton also.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 AM

you think ak check calls all along???
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 AM

why did i know I'd see this hand. Also, and this goes to everyone, I call you all donks because you either a) bring up 2p2 or grimmstar or something about this site is retarded or b) I'm on tilt and want to piss you off so you'll play me HU. Thats what this was.

Also- this hand has more to do with what we perceive of the other than anything else
Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you think ak check calls all along???

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do with AK (and thats not saying I agree with c/c)