Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Are the Cards on Pokerstars Random?

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt very much that you take money from players like me in live games. I don't play anything less than 100-200 live. And I generally tend to look down on players that don't play these limits or higher. Keep yucking it up at your limits that you are playing at though. Most likely 10-20 and 20-40. Players that play these games are jokes and don't have a clue what poker is all about.

Let's get one thing straight, "no one takes my money". If I don't have an egde then I don't play. I usually do have the edge though. And lets face it, you are most likely some worthless low limit player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude around here we call that $1/$2 not 100/200
Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my OPINION that they are not even close to random. Anyone that wants to dispute this can take a look at my database.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.

wow.

wow.

i can't believe it's really coming true...you guys will never believe this; but, i went to this gypsie and had my fortune read from one of those glass balls that materializes the future inside, and SHE said that one day I'd meet an accountant who would destroy the world. she said i would know this man by the seemingly logical, yet non-sensical gibberish he would speak, she said that when his words were fully understood, it would become apparent that he had been eating lead for breakfast, and one day, he would grow into a gigantic, unstoppable lead monster, hell bent on global domination and destruction of the entire human race.

LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 AM

OP is a moron. That is all.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Every card except for the 3 of clubs. That one always winds up in my hand. The other 51 are random though.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Please post said database.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:24 PM

OP, you said you had proof in your data base. Please stop calling people morons an d post this proof. This would end the discussion right here, either way.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:29 AM

yse yeht rae anomdr tbu os prdectiaelb
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My database is available to people that I feel actually have the ability to look at the numbers and come to reasonable conclusion. I have looked at your past posts and you don't seem to have any analytical ability at all.

You did mention that you are in politics and that does not surprise me. I see you as a slime ball that is perfectly suited for politics. Josem to spell it out for you, you are a [censored] [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'm a regular reader of these forums and this is going to be my first post, straight into the heat of the battle.

First of all: I don't believe any site with the number of players that PokerStars has would see rigging as +EV, because the chance of being caught - even though it may be very slim indeed - would ruin the business.

There's two things in this topic that can easily be combined I suppose:

N88DH8LP confirms his database is available - to a certain group of people.
N88DH8LP is willing to wager.

I don't have the bankroll to be wagering a lot (I'll be a chicken and leave that to others ...), but a possible solution might be:
Make the wager for an amount of $x.
Let an independent (group of) accountants have a look at the database and show results for certain queries that have been agreed upon. They will need money to this, call this $y.

y will be paid out of the wager, so to have profit on the wager, you would want x to be > 0.5 y.

I'd say that if both parties involved with the wager are sure they're right, they'll agree to the terms above and will also wager a lot more than 0.5y

Just my first $0.02
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Anybody armed with Poker Tracker and a rudimentary knowledge of statistics and probability can solve this issue for themselves by performing the following steps:

1-Download a significantly large data set (probably >50K hands will do)
2-Compare the actual number of times you are dealt certain hands or types of hands (ex. aces, pocket pairs,etc.) with the expected number, (i.e. you should be dealt aces 1 in 221 times, so 226.24times/50K hands.
3-Compare the actual win percentage by hand with the expected win percentage. This last point is tricky because:

you have to adjust by number of players and
the simulations that I have seen all assume that all players have random hands and go to showdown. For this second reason, the actual win rate should be higher than the expected win rate.

I have performed this analysis using over 200k hands on both party and paradise and found that the actual results conform very closely to the expected results on both sites. Since I exclusively play short handed I assumed a weighted average of full table minus one player for the number of players variable. I do not play on Stars but I would expect the same result.

I fail to see why this continues to be a controversy when it is actually a fairly straightfoward problem to solve. I put those who think the cards are not random or that there is a cash out curse somewhere in between the flat earthers and those who think we faked the moon landings.