Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: ***Official Boys Night Discussion 2.20.07***

I picked up the last Chris Richardson at 5. That guy was the biggest positive surprised to me.

The negative surprises were Sanjaya, Sligh, and Sundance.

Before now, Sanjaya was the only male I had a money on. I still like my female picks.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think AI will lose a lot of it's popularity after this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's != its
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean seriously you have to admit my predictions were pretty accurate for this round. I basically owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones? Your top 12 looks pretty shaky after tonight, esp. Sundance and Sanjaya. You didn't have Phil Stacey in it and he sounded much better than most. Richardson is not winning it, either, although he wasn't HORRIBLE tonight. I think you got the two people losing tonight correct, however...I am definitely in Paul Kim denial because I wanted him to do well.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:48 PM

no way will sundance go off tonight before aj, kim, rudy, and pedro - his audition was too good - chris richardson is still a good pickup at 6
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I picked up the last Chris Richardson at 5. That guy was the biggest positive surprised to me.

The negative surprises were Sanjaya, Sligh, and Sundance.

Before now, Sanjaya was the only male I had a money on. I still like my female picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richardson will likely make top 12 so he probably has value (but I would dump him quickly after that). Sligh wasn't really negative, just not great...making fun of Simon probably helps as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 PM

Richardson was the best tonight. Phil Stacy's just leading because he was last to perform.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 PM

I think Nick & Rudy will go home. I was pleased with Chris Richardson. Phil Stacey surprised me.

I thought my 3 wagered guys held their own and should make it to the next round: Brandon, Jared, Blake.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:52 PM

Sligh's personality will carry him far, but unless he shows some better vocals, he won't be winning this competition. At this point, I think Blake has just as good of a shot as he's probably the better all around performer. Also, possibly has a better voice.

Unless the girls proceed to suck it up as well, I think we're looking at very female-favored competition. I definitely think there are a few guys who can pick up the slack and do better with different songs, but it's pretty iffy right now.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Richardson was the best tonight. Phil Stacy's just leading because he was last to perform.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. None of the judges really LOVED Richardson, I think they would tell you that Blake was much better and that several of the other contestants were on par or better (I'm forgetting who did what at this point though, they were all pretty bad). I thought Phil sounded great once he got going, regardless of when he performed...Randy agrees with me.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 PM

Yep, Sligh was ok, probably one of the 6 best. I thought he would be much better than the average though. I thought he came across as arrogant afterwards, like he felt entitled and above the criticism.

I liked Sundance's song, but he sang terrible. The music covered it up somewhat otherwise he might have been the first contestant ever booed off the Idol stage.