Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: JJ Agai8nst a TAG (Stars $5/10)

whats your image?

say the typical TAG raises about 15% of his hands UTG.
What range does he call a cap? He gets 11:2 so he might be calling with any hand raised before.

this flop leaves you against a 15% range (and a fish) with much more than the average equity.

I bet/call this flop - and in this hand I call down if no ace hit
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: JJ Agai8nst a TAG (Stars $5/10)

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a pretty easy fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh.... this is one of those spots where the correct answer depends on the player, I hate to say sample size experience in this exact spot is also some what of an issue (seems to have come up quite a bit lately).

Tom, the answer to this question be it fold or call down cant be answered without knowing the range and frequencies of hands he'd do this with. I take it you know that and have just jumped to the conclusion (or prior have gone through the process to determine it) that he doesnt do it enough with worse hands to show a profit on the calldown in this sized pot ( getting 17:3 on a calldown if he always cks a worse hand on the river and 19:5 if he always bet a better hand on the river, so the exact price depends on how often we are good but its somewhere imbetween). This is kind of why I only commented on the river decision (and just becuz i wanted to play devil's advocate). Im not sure this isnt a fold IMO or w/o more info( for me i'd often if im unsure of villains tendencies in spots like this might be inclined to base my decision on my recent table image or history with villain) but an easy decision surely this isnt vs many. It depends on their tendencies just as much as the action, board and ur hand (in fact u cant claim to know the correct answer to this question without knowing exactly that). You can make an educated guess based on ur experience against most tags at this limit, and that will give u maybe as accurate as a decision as u can hope IMO but as soon as ur assumption is off from this villain or the population of 6 max players at this limit on the whole, ur decision is now more prone to being incorrect.

Tom when u have a PP below TP and above the other two cards do u fold everytime after u raise preflop and bet oop and a tag raises a protected pot with one behind? everytime u 3bet? everytime u cap? do u think the fact u capped makes it much less likely he ll raise a worse hand (the pot is getting larger remember), how about if u 3bet?

Are u more likely to call down on a more coordinated board? Are you more likely to call down here with KK on a dry Axy or QQ on Kxy or JJ on Qxy with this exact action? u just fold all of them here all of the time to a tag?