UTG+1 (t1350)
Hero (t1420)
MP2 (t1450)
MP3 (t1450)
CO (t1610)
Button (t1140)
SB (t1540)
BB (t1960)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t90</font>, MP2 calls t90, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t75, BB calls t60

Flop: (t360) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t600</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero ???
Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: $6.50s - AQs Flop against minraise

Well pushing is spew so call and see what happens.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM

if i call i would be totally commited so i should better push or fold here ?!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Obviously if you call the flop, you're not folding at any point. But pushing doesn't do anything unless you want to get it in. He's gonna call.

I've had hands where I called their minraise and it was checked down after that. Sometimes they minraise just to see if you'll call, then get scared if you call so they check it down. I know it's not a great option but I can't think of anything better.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this a mistake a lot of people make. I can't say if your hand is good here or not. I think it is a good a lot of the time but you could be up against two pair or a set. If you push, who is going to call? The two pair or set hands that have you beat. If you just call and check to him after the turn, what hands is he going to bet? A much bigger range of one pair hands that you may be ahead of. He may bluff off his stack with KQ if you just call and check the turn. I do agree that if you just call here, you are tied to the pot but rather then push I would try to see if you can either check it down or use it as a bluff catcher.
Also, I think your flop bet is too large. I would have bet 180 or 200. That way if you have a good read that you are beat here you can get away. Assuming he still makes a donk reraise you might not be quite as committed if you just call. I make almost all of my continuation bets 1/2 pot, so I also bet 1/2 pot when I actually flop something.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this a mistake a lot of people make. I can't say if your hand is good here or not. I think it is a good a lot of the time but you could be up against two pair or a set. If you push, who is going to call? The two pair or set hands that have you beat. If you just call and check to him after the turn, what hands is he going to bet? A much bigger range of one pair hands that you may be ahead of. He may bluff off his stack with KQ if you just call and check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a common problem wheather to push or to call and let him possibly bluff of the rest of his chips.
In general you have to stack off in a 6$ with AQ on this flop. not much more you could ask for. I am a fan of getting it all in now, because you have only one Pair and you don`t wanna let villain draw for free if he`s behind.
Sometimes you`re behind, ok, but unless you have a read on this guy that he only minraises with set etc, its +EV to play for all your chips here.

In other situations its in general good to think about scarecards, which could kill the action. lets say you have 44 and you flopped a set on a 459 board. Somehow we know that Villain has TT-KK. In this case it would be smart to get it all in as soon as possible, because what if he has KK and an Ace hits? Or same flop but you have KK and Villain has QQ...Unless you are pretty sure Villain has nothing and is on a pure bluff its better to get it in as soon as possible.
I think its similar with a draw. Lets say Villain has a flushdraw on the flop. If you "slowplay", you just give him the chance to take your chips for free without any risk. because he will simply fold, if he doesn`t hit, but he might go all in on the flop with it...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 PM

Against an unknown $6.50 villian I am pushing over. Make a note if he has set/2-pair. You are going to see a weaker ace here often enough to make this good. Also calling commits you to the pot and you are OOP for the rest of the hand.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM

I'd bet 200 on the flop. Your bet was too big.

As played, I guess you can shove. I haven't played too many 6.50s, so I'm not sure.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 200 on the flop. Your bet was too big.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why ?? Is it because the board is reasonably dry here??
I would normally pot into multiway pots here.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:08 PM

I guess in a 6.50 you could simply openshove the flop and get called by much. It would lead almost to the same results.
But this would be bad advice, because it wont help, if one will play higher.
What i wanna say is that its in general hair splitting to discuss about fraction of betsizes in this case...