Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Lots of differing opinions on this one

Ok so i should've checkraised the turn, I didn't because I actually didn't have much reason to believe Sublime had a king, and I also felt that I was behind to the crazy guy more often than not, but certainly not often enough to fold.

Once Sublime agonized and called the turn though, it's pretty obvious to me that he has exactly a weak king. K4-K6 are big hands, K7 is open ended, and K8 has a gutshot, so all of those hands are pretty much out the door. That leaves K9-KJ. I think should have checkraised but I didn't because I didn't think Mike would overcall again.

So I called and Mike folded and I won against K2.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 AM

oddly enough if my kicker had been one card higher, i probably call. it was that tough of a decision for me on the river.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it Joe, Mike or Chris? All 3 or them kind of fit that description

Justin why are you calling PF? And Sub, why are you playing your C game in a bad 30 game? On the flop can you ever be good here when Sublime raises your bet and the wack job 3 bets?

For those of you advocating a turn c/r, do you think that he is both ahead of the wack job and can get Sublime to fold a better hand enough of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry,

You aren't giving nearly enough credit to any of those three if you think this description fits them. I'd be astounded if the player described was one of them.

I think the preflop call is standard. I think that it's closer to 4-betting the flop than folding. I agree with the group that a turn checkraise is mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy wasn't any of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed the Joe, Mike and Chris he referred to were locals and not the Joe, Mike and Chris from 2p2. I could be wrong though.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM

He definitely meant us 2p2ers Clark. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oddly enough if my kicker had been one card higher, i probably call. it was that tough of a decision for me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have the same hand as Justin?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:55 PM

yes.

also, one note on justin not raising the turn. i *think* justin is usuing what the villian turned over and his play AFTER heavily in describing this dude. basically, he got crazier as the night went on and at the time of this hand i didnt see him as a whackjob. an idiot, yes. not crazy though.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed the Joe, Mike and Chris he referred to were locals and not the Joe, Mike and Chris from 2p2. I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry is referring to us. Barry is also kidding because he knows Justin knows who we are. Without any emoticons it's tough to tell he is joking. Barry has difficulty playing against us so I guess this is how he describes us! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes.

also, one note on justin not raising the turn. i *think* justin is usuing what the villian turned over and his play AFTER heavily in describing this dude. basically, he got crazier as the night went on and at the time of this hand i didnt see him as a whackjob. an idiot, yes. not crazy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's why I mentioned that at the time I definitely thought I was beat > 50%. But the pot is big and I know that you have me either tied or beaten, so I think that makes it a clear raise.