Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Doyle Brunson- SEC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all thank you for apologizing for starting the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious that something fishy was going on. I don't see why anyone should apologize for starting the thread. The SEC has an ongoing investigation for crying out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and what was the end result of that investigation????? NOTHING
Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Savage:

That's not a fair request. Once these events become legal matters as this one has, the attorneys will tell their clients not to talk about it. Now while Todd is obviously not one of the clients, I'm sure he still has to honor this request (assuming he even knows the details). So it is unfair of you to make this request.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Mason. And on that note this will be my final post on the matter. It's frustrating not to be able to discuss details at this time so it's better I say nothing. Time will tell and the truth will be known.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:18 PM

I just can't believe that Doyle would be naive enought to atempt such an obvious scam.
So I would bet he didn't.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the truth will be known

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kid yourself. This will eventually be forgotten but it is highly unlikely that the truth will ever be known, except by a few people.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After what they did to Martha Stewart, there is no way in hell I would talk to the police, the SEC, or the Federal attornies if they were questioning me about ANYTHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother. Martha got the shaft not because she was found guilty of insider trading. They knew damn well they couldnt prove that. So they got her to contridict herself then used it against her.

Doyle keeping quiet does not mean he's guilty. It means he's following good legal advice.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle keeping quiet does not mean he's guilty. It means he's following good legal advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, not enough folks understand this. The Fifth Amendment and the Miranda Warning both have teriffic reasons for existence. When your ox is getting gored, rightly or wrongly, they protect you. They help insure due process.

When it's happening to someone else, a lot of folks don't think "Equal Rights/Protection Under The Law" should be considered. Use of the Fifth seems to be a sign/admission of guilt to them.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious that something fishy was going on. I don't see why anyone should apologize for starting the thread. The SEC has an ongoing investigation for crying out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it's ongoing, and people were being subpoena'd as recently as two weeks ago, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it's ongoing, and people were being subpoena'd as recently as two weeks ago, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude! that is TODD FREAKING BRUNSON! his dad is DOYLE!

watch your step!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Todd:

No. I happen to know TT fairly well and I'm sure that while he may be mistaken as to what he thought he saw, if he posted it then it is what he thinks. It's well known in legal work that eye witnesses do make mistakes. So if you state that there was no press conference of the type described then that should put an end to this issue.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

on this forum...TT almost has more respect then Doyle - I'm siding with TT - he must have remembered seeing something on TV, even if the interpretation is left to debate.

Hey, when do I get an invite to the ranch on Flathead Lake - I'll be up there this summer - LOL.

RB
Old 03-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Info on Doyle\'s attorneys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meanwhile, a little research has revealed that one of Doyle's attorneys who submitted the original offer, David Chesnoff, has ties to many underworld figures, including the Israeli mob and Britney Spears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is Britney an underworld figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least now we know why Chesnoff got an invite to the National Head's Up Invitational tournament.