Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Heroes 19/02/2007

[ QUOTE ]
A few thoughts.

2- The cops's story improved, inasmuch as once he started rolling with radioactive man and the new hot chick I liked it. He's still a horrible character and his wife is even worse.

3- I thought the Stan Lee cameo was better than other ones on other shows, but still, [censored] that old idea stealing [censored], every time Stan Lee shows up he should be obligated to felate Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko publically.

3- Peter's getting awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive liked the cop from the beginning although i agree w/ a lot of the negative things people have said about him. i admit part of the reason ive liked him is because i like his power. the writers are doing a horrible job taking shortcuts w/ how he handles his marriage which reflect negatively on him. they should just cut that part of the story out. they dont have the depth in the show to commit to doing it right. too many characters to fully develop a storyline like this.

wiki articles are kirby and ditko are interesting. i collected marvel comics as a kid and can easily get into that kind of stuff. didnt know stan lee had a bad rap.

the coolest moment in the entire series came last night when peter jumped off the roof w/ inviso-man and saved them both. i let out a holler which summoned my wife from the back of the house to ask if everything was alright. when she found out i was hooting at heroes, she correctly called me a dork, and went back to the room.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Hating on Stan Lee is so 1990's. Of course Kirby and Ditko got the shaft, and they deserve equal ownership of the characters they created. But there obviously is no Marvel without Stan, and its naive to dispute this.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:20 PM

Sam,

Sure, I don't mean it ignore his abilities as a marketer or anything. He's obviously a very important figure. It's just kinda lame that he's a househould name is Kirby isn't, and all of these cameos kinda underscore that.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Great episode, for reasons noted by the posters above. Some thoughts:

1) Hiro's 'action star' dive behind the car when the gunfire started. Just awesome.

2) Peter and Mystery Sock (Mr. Isaac) seem to have this Sayid/Ana Lucia kinda vibe going on. Wonder where that will go.

3) Peter flying away with Claude was the greatest moment ever on this show. I rewound it three times.

4) Thought the whole spilled milk imagery was a little much. Writers - we get it.

5) Still unsure about how the Haitians powers work. First Nathan was able to fly away and Peter was fully able to use his powers. But even if the Petrellis are somehow impervious to his nullifying powers - shouldn't Claude have become visible in the presence of the Haitian?

6) No way does an Ipod battery last that long. Mine barely makes it 4 hours. Just saying...

7) Nathan mentions that he has people he 'trusts' looking for Peter - and then we see HRG and the Haitian tracking him. Are they in cahoots? Also seems like a nice coincidence that Simone was threatening to expose the heroes and their powers and then she dies.

8) Did Peter's voice sound exactly like Eden's when she used her powers? Did they ever meet?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Sylar was expecting to revisit the mechanic.

Mohinder has been pretty dim, but when Sylar started to get headaches at the mechanic's he looked a little distrustful of Sylar.

[/ QUOTE ] Doesn't Sylar have the power of persuasion from killing the girl who worked for Bennet? I figured that's how he was getting Mohinder to take him along, do what he wants, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM

"5) Still unsure about how the Haitians powers work. First Nathan was able to fly away and Peter was fully able to use his powers. But even if the Petrellis are somehow impervious to his nullifying powers - shouldn't Claude have become visible in the presence of the Haitian?"

I would assume that the Hatian's powers are active and not passive. He has to focus to block somebody and he can't do it instantly.

OR

He's already been shown to not be 100% loyal and isn't being very helpful

OR

[censored] writing, which is very possible.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would assume that the Hatian's powers are active and not passive. He has to focus to block somebody and he can't do it instantly.

OR

He's already been shown to not be 100% loyal and isn't being very helpful

OR

[censored] writing, which is very possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

As per your first point - the cop's powers didn't work when he was simply in the presence of the Haitian (sitting in the car with the other cop). So I'm not sure what to make of this one.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Sylar was expecting to revisit the mechanic.

Mohinder has been pretty dim, but when Sylar started to get headaches at the mechanic's he looked a little distrustful of Sylar.

[/ QUOTE ] Doesn't Sylar have the power of persuasion from killing the girl who worked for Bennet? I figured that's how he was getting Mohinder to take him along, do what he wants, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

presumably not since she shot herself in the head
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying it is terribly convenient that several of the characters have kids? Or that it is convenient that they have special kids? Or that it is convenient that they got involved with other people with special powers?

I think only the last point is terribly contrived, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a show with radioactive, invisible, regenerating characters I think that's kind of a pre-requisite.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ive liked the cop from the beginning although i agree w/ a lot of the negative things people have said about him. i admit part of the reason ive liked him is because i like his power. the writers are doing a horrible job taking shortcuts w/ how he handles his marriage which reflect negatively on him. they should just cut that part of the story out. they dont have the depth in the show to commit to doing it right. too many characters to fully develop a storyline like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the part about the cop that bothers me. He finds out his wife is banging his partner, punches him out and walks out on the wife. The next day, his wife says "Honey, I'm pregnant" and everyting is roses again. HELLO!??!?? Any chance you ain't the baby's daddy? Dumba$$.