Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Bad call or priced in?

In a 2/5nl game at Borgata yesterday Hero got involved in a hand and want opinions on how it was played. Hero is in the BB holding Jc 10c only been at the table a short time sitting with ~$400. From what I have seen UTG is a very loose player and likes to feed the pot makes it $25 to go. +1 folds +2 call. Button calls SB makes it $50. Hero calls everyone else calls. 5 players to the flow with $250 in the pot. Flop comes Ks Qd 4s. SB bets $100. I am getting 4:1 on my money and 2:1 t0 make my straight so I call. UTG folds. +1 raises to $200 and the cutoff goes all in for $340. Button goes all in for his remaining $400, then the BB goes all in for $580 . At this point there is 1270 in the pot. I am getting 5:1 on my money to call. I called because I felt like I was pretty much priced in at this point. Bad call?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Bad call or priced in?

No matter how loose you opponents are, i think you have to fold JTs OOP against a reraise preflop. On the flop you are OOP against the initial raiser with an action board with two spades. I think the play is to fold here too.