Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Another T&C Change for Absolute Poker For US Players

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute has never had 19,200 real money players at one time. Their peak is likely not even 15% of that number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured firstyearclay was looking at the number in the right upper corner of the AP lobby, which showed around 19,200 total players online at the time I checked it after reading this thread. I probably had the wrong idea. How did fyc get a number for the total number of only real money players at just the AP skin?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute has never had 19,200 real money players at one time. Their peak is likely not even 15% of that number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured firstyearclay was looking at the number in the right upper corner of the AP lobby, which showed around 19,200 total players online at the time I checked it after reading this thread. I probably had the wrong idea. How did fyc get a number for the total number of only real money players at just the AP skin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Site Scout
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 AM

I am 100% out of AP and working with VP247. I also run CanAffco - the Canadian Affiliate Management Company, which works with other gaming and retail clients.

Gian
Old 02-20-2007, 12:00 AM

Couple questions...are players from AP welcome to open accounts at 24/7? will you work with affiliates to have a better communication stream?

can you tell us how much money is deducted from affiliate income to pay for the prop program, and why ap is the only site that deducts that cost from the affiliate share?

with the size of ap, there is no real reason to have a prop program that costs anything above revenue generated.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are players from AP welcome to open accounts at 24/7?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems you cannot open an account on a skin if you have played at AP in the last 90 days. Maybe Gian can make that rule more clear but that is my understanding.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 AM

OK - couple of answers to the above posts (in reverse order)

1. If any of your AP players try to open an account at VP247, using DIFFERENT email addresses and nicknames, and have trouble, please contact affiliates@vegaspoker247.com and we will facilitate where possible. Providing that the affiliate has not specifically said "switch your account to VP247", which we do NOT allow (that would be unethical and contrary to our agreement with AP), then there will be no problem to get those accounts open.

2. VP247 does not take any deductions for props at all - we do not have any props as they are not necessary for us since AP has kindly provided critical player mass for us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3. Absolutely we will work to improve affiliate communications. With Tarlan now on board, and a few other new bodies you will get to know shortly (including another you will recognize), we pride ourselves on very quick response. Tarlan is on IM at tarlan@vegaspoker247.com, and I am on IM at gianperroni@hotmail.com, and on Skype at gianperroni, and of course for affiliates (only, please), my office is 604-947-2553.

Thanks all!

Gian
Old 02-20-2007, 02:46 PM

I've worked closely with Gian in the past and can vouch that he does a great job. For those frustrated with AP's recent moves this is a great alternative.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 PM

So for those of us with Absolute Poker accounts it makes good sense to move to Vegas 24/7 now, right? Better rakeback, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Again, I do not encourage or support affiliates recommending that their players make a switch, but rather add us as another site to play at.

As for affiliates, I recommend you promote VegasPoker247 as well, not only because we offer similar initial and redeposit bonuses and other promotions, but in order to potentially earn revenue from players that may be at AP and enjoy playing at the network, but are not currently tagged to an affiliate (and/or potentially earning rakeback).

Gian

PS. Thanks PokerAddict - I appreciate the kind words. This is an industry based on trust.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:19 PM

Question:

More profitable for me, someone who logs 40k hands a month @ 100 and 200NL to play @ Absolute with contributed RB and no bonus deduction or @ Vegas247 where I get dealt RB but deducted bonuses?