Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Hand Converter Question

When people open their posts with hand situations and this is the start of their information posted from their hand converter, can someone please explain what these percentages mean in more detail please. I'm unclear of what some of these mean. Ex.

"Villain is 15/5/1.8 over 150 hands; folds to cbets is 38%; calls cbet 38%; raises cbet 25% over 8 instances; W$atSD is 50%. Turn aggression 1.8."

What is the first ratio mean? cbet? What is a low or high turn agression number? I'm just not really familar with these a lot of posts i've searched on just give these stats without really explaining them. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Hand Converter Question

15/5/1.8 means:

- 1st number: VPIP - % of hands where money was voluntary put in - a measure of tightness
- 2nd number: PFR - % of hands that are raised preflop
- 3rd number: AF: - Aggression Factor from PokerTracker, = (bet%+raise%)/call%, which is a measure of post flop aggression. High numbers indicate TAGs and LAGs.

c-bet: a continuation bet, (i.e when we raise preflop and bet the flop).
W$atSD: Another PokerTracker stat - % of the time he wins when going to showdown. High numbers indicate tight, equity conscious players, low numbers indicate poor players.

You can try posting these questions in the beginner forum or check the stickied posts in the strategy forums if you'd like more detailed information on how these numbers apply to different games and levels.