Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Default A couple interesting hands LP vs. BB

On both of these hands, I'm in the BB. They took place on ongame 2/4. Before anyone moves this to small stakes, I should point out that the game I was in was playing a lot like a micro game, and that small stakes is a dead forum.

The first hand gave me some information that influenced me on the second hand. They are both HU against the same villain, who was tight and passive.

Hand 1:

Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

CO open-limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero Calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO checks.

I thought about folding to the flop raise, and I agree it's close. However, I don't think it should be a fold every single time, and I suppose this was me varying my play, and hoping for a check-behind on the turn or improvement.

I also thought about a bet/fold on the river, but in the end decided that I could probably snap off a bluff more often than a call from A high.

Anyway, I'm going to give results, only because this post is more about the second hand than the first hand, and the results of the first hand gave me some insight into how villain was playing.

Villian showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What mainly surprised me was the open-limp in late.

Anyway, hand 2:

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

CO open-limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets....

What about this? After hand number one I got the feeling that villain wanted to play hands that are often good in shorthanded situations like A high, but was playing them incorrectly (e.g. limping, and waiting to raise a ragged flop with an UI ace).

The range I figured was two relatively big cards, another ace-small, or maybe a small pair.

If he had a ten, I would either be folding to a flop 3-bet or bet/folding turn. If he had one of the marginal hands that has me beat (small pocket pair, basically), I believe he may fold after the action I'm giving. Most importantly, though, we have seen that he is willing to raise me with no pair when I lead out of the BB into a ragged flop. The check-raise gives me an easier decision, and gives him a clearer fold with marginal hands that beat me. Also, I win another bet when I am good or when he is unable to call down with a small pair.

I considered his call of the flop C/R to be relatively automatic. I had not seen a single bet/fold on the flop at this table after 150 or so hands. It just doesn't seem to be in average player's wheelhouses.

Is this any good? Standard?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: A couple interesting hands LP vs. BB

I check/raise hand 1. Hand two I like the raise and the bet. If you do not take it down the river is going to be a lot of fun.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: A couple interesting hands LP vs. BB

[ QUOTE ]
I check/raise hand 1. Hand two I like the raise and the bet. If you do not take it down the river is going to be a lot of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in the event of a call from CO on the turn, I think the hand can be easily check/folded.

My basis for this is the check-behind on the river in hand number one.