Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:27 AM

Default session review AKo hand

Villain is typical loose-passive player, as is the rest of the table. I can hardly wait to get off bodog and onto a room taht lets me use PT. until then i'm stuck with descriptions, not statistics.

this is from a recent session review and the reviewer thought it was interesting. I was in a downswing during this review, wondered if it ws play like this that landed me in it.

I think i might have been tilting a bit here. Can't entirely remember.
I'm UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG folds , <font color="red"> hero raises </font>, 1 fold , villain calls, 6 folds

FLOP (6SB)
2 Players
8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> hero bets </font>, villain calls

TURN (4BB)
6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> hero bets </font>, villain calls

RIVER (6BB)
7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> hero bets </font>, villain calls.

Final pot: 8 BB

Reviewer suggested the river bet was an error and I tend to agree. A bit unthinking. In fact, much of the session was a bit unthinking - something I need to fix.

Thanks in advance for the comments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: sorted the river out. duh!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: session review AKo hand *DELETED*

Post deleted by Guitierez
Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Re: session review AKo hand

marty, what do you call a typical loose passive?

in spots like this loose passives seem to catch a peice of the board or have a small/medium pocket pair and calldown hoping to get lucky.

at the river i think your AK UI is still going be ahead of a number of hands that bad players call down with.... but when you bet and get called you arent good very often as those hands you beat will fold. Also passives usually dont bluff hands like KQ when you check and many even check behind with hands like a single pair.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 AM

Fine except the river bet. You have to have a very specific read to make that bet. Someone that calls the turn likely as something.
Be more willing to bet the turn if you have some draw to go with it. HU that's not all too much of a consideration, as I'll fire twice pretty much always (excet I know that villain folds the flop if he misses), but with more in the pot, it becomes one.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Check/call the river.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 AM

Thanks for posting this Marty. I was the reviewer on this, and wasnt exactly sure of the correct line.

The two confusing factors were:

1) The tables are genuinely passive. Ie, a villain will call you down after hitting top pair on a non-threatening board. They werent scared of betting out - but rarely raised.
2) A check on any street could have induced a bluff bet from the villain - who also may not of hit. (which is very likely on that board)
Old 02-19-2007, 09:10 AM

I would probably just check/fold the river. I would be scared of the one card straight board. Against a calling station I would give up the bluff on the river. If you have been caught making a play like this earlier you have to be really careful. I find myself also often playing dumb-aggressive when I'm tilting. It must really suck not to have stats available.