Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 AM

Default crypto 2-4 A4o blind steal

10 handed ... typical tight ass whoring cryto table

folded to me otb w A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I Raise and BB calls

i have played with BB a lot over the past couple of weeks (maybe 3K hands) ... he is tight but very aggro when in (13/9/3.9 ... flop aggro 5.9)
folds bb: 72

he will have stats on me ... 17/13/3.9) - with asb 49

FLOP: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
he check raises me ... I call
<font color="blue">sometimes I will fold here ... I do respect BB's raise, but also know he is capable of making a move - this board is pretty nice for a small pocket or overs to check raise in this spot, more hands like J9, J8

I put villian on something like
AT+, KQ, KJ, JT, J9, J8, 98, small pockets, of a flush draw
</font>

TURN ... 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
he bets, I raise ...

<font color="blue">if BB doesn't have a flush, this card look terrible ... he is capable of making a 'good fold' here ... I also raised for the side benefit of a free showdown</font>
Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: crypto 2-4 A4o blind steal

Are you planning to showdown if shown more aggression?

Putting yourself in a position to get outplayed by a hyper-aggressive player is usually not so smart. He's not going to believe you have a flush, which means he may 3-bet bluff you.

That said, with such a wide range, you probably are simply ahead too often to just call. Raise for value, and pay off a 3-bet all the way. In fact, if he 3-bets, you might cap! NOW you've got your free showdown, and the kind of don't-mess-with-me manical image that you can really use to your advantage. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

good luck.
Eric