Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Few SNG Hands..(1+2 of 1000)

From now on I am going to play tons of SNG's and tournaments on sunday and play cash every other day. I plan to paste 1000 hands and hopefully I will be more well rounded.

Hand1 of 1000
Stars $43+3....5 people enter and its 2 handed right now for a seat into the Sunday Million.
Read: I dont know much about opponent here but he seems bad and does not play v good.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed)

Hero (t4820)
Button (t2680)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t90</font>, Hero calls t60.

Flop: (t180) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t510</font>, Hero says WTF?.....
-If I call do I call a push on turn?
- Should I just fold? Keep in mind its hu and top pair = OMFG NUTZ, but the blinds are low.
-Thoughts on call preflop?

Hand 2 of 1000
Stars $43+3.....5 people enter and its 4 handed right now for a seat to the Sunday Million.

Read: SB here is pretty bad, hes pretty much raised my blind every single time and I have let him get away with it for the most part. Hes just really bad and insanely agressive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (4 handed)
SB (t1245)
Hero (t2440)
UTG (t2590)
Button (t1225)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t90</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t270</font>, SB calls t180.

Flop: (t540) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1170</font>, (SB has 675 to call off)
-I honestly dont understand why he wouldnt cr me with ace here since these are perfect stacks to do that with. I think he has something that I am ahead of here a high percent of time. Against villan I described, do you think I am usually ahead here?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Few SNG Hands..(1+2 of 1000)

hand 2 - agred but sum ppl are morons
Old 02-18-2007, 05:00 PM

these are both awkwardly tough hands. mainly cause when you play with maniacs its next to impossible to know where theyre at. which means you must wait for a good hand and then trap/take advantage of their style.

1st hand- preflop call is perfectly fine, no doubt. this massive overbet proves how weak this player is. i think it usually means bluff or good starting hand, although theres always a chance he's messing with you with a monster. personally id like to see my way to the river for as cheap as possible. (since we're prob ahead)
id prob call the flop here to show him im serious, then weak lead the turn (like 100 chips) and see if i can scare him into just calling. if he pushes on turn or river im PROBLY gonna fold, unless we made two pair or picked up flush draw.

2nd hand - with your read on this guy it might be OK spot to reraise as you did. BUT i still think theres a very good chance he has a weak ace cause maniacs love any ace they can find. as im typing this im seeing the BB is only t30 and im actually just gonna fold this flop for this reason. you have plenty of time to wait for a better spot to bust this guy and it would be demoralizing to tilt half or all of your chips to him and his Ax just cause he got under your skin a little...
Old 02-18-2007, 05:17 PM

I fold the first hand. Generally, if someone make a big bet that makes no sense, I'm folding. If he's a bad player, you'll find a bet spot than this.

2nd hand...I'm not sure what to do. If he's really aggressive, your push is fine, I guess.

If he is really bad, I'd probably just push PF. I do this a lot when people are being too aggressive against my blind. He may even think you are bluffing and call you. <font color="green"> </font>
Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM

I fold both.

In the second you can't ever assume people would think about perfect stacks for a checkraise.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Hand 1. I'd call preflop, fold the flop.
Hand 2. I agree with your analysis preflop, an thus, you making a move like this on the flop has alot of validity. Also it probably made him crap his pants if he has JJ-KK.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Hand 1 - I call the raise. Check (intending to c/r) then when he bets that much just fold. Your probably ahead, but if hes this bad you can get your money in at a better spot with such low blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
Also it probably made him crap his pants if he has JJ-KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given villain is 'insanely aggressive' he would push all these (and probably a lot more too) preflop to our raise. I hate the flop, since he could conceivably raise any A. His bet seems suspicious but I cant see what he bets here that we beat. Does he continuation bet a medium pocket pair or KQ/QJ when theres an A on the board?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 AM

yoyoyo Results...
Hand1- I stacked off to him on turn and he had k10..lol.
Hand2- He called with t6 and I scoop pot
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 AM

#1 I hate getting it in on such a bone dry board. He's just not doing this with crap you beat. If it were a drawier board I could see shoving it in, but here you're totally boned I think.

#2 If he's so retarded why would he possibly think about stuff like perfect stack sizes to c/r? It depends on exactly how bad he is, but I can see getting it in.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 AM

Hand 1 is basically the diff between cash and sng hu matches. If he plays as bad as you say, you're gonna get MUCH better spots than a small pot with tpnk vs a huge overbet.