Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 07:05 AM

Default LIMIT

Don't know if this is "high stakes" but its pretty close and sure can't be called low limit. Playing 30-60 limit at Wynn and get AK of <> on button, i raise preflop, but still 6 way. flop is AA2 all different suits. SB bets, BB calls, another calls, next guy raises, i call, SB calls, BB calls, other guy calls. WTF??? turn is a 3, SB bets, BB folds, next guy raises, next guy folds, i reraise, SB calls, next guy reraises, i call, SB calls. River is an 8. SB checks, guy bets, i call, SB calls. Guy shows 33 (full house), SB had AQ. Could i have played this different to win this $1320.00 pot?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: LIMIT

Nope, you lose the pot no matter what. But I wonder how correct it is to 3-bet the turn on this essentially drawless board (and not to 3 bet the flop in this very large pot).
Old 02-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Was there any reason why you smooth called your trip aces? With so much money in the pot I would have kept pumping people out and building more money in the pot with people who has aces. Smooth calling the flop cost you so much more in the later rounds.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:46 PM

.... but the sad reality is that no one was going to fold and you were not destined to win this puppy.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 PM

at least you paid the minimum. Jesus, 5 bets you didn't need to put in the pot. Do you really hate money that much? I mean, you can make an argument for calling down hoping to spike a king, but doesn't this look like 22 and Ax (where x may or may not be a 3 or a 2). What goes through your mind when you 3bet the turn???? a bet and a raise on the turn. What do you put them on???? there is only one more ace in the deck, right? You don't have to fold the turn 2bet, but raising is insane.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM

I would have jammed the flop, but played as it was I'd call down after the turn raise and let them show me their disgusting A3o or 33.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:05 AM

I raise the flop and realize I'm in trouble with that turn action. You raised pf, everybody see those 2 Aces, and now you're beat, most likely. I'm one of those 'I have to have been there to know what I'd do for sure' types but I don't like your turn raise at all.

BUT: Never mind all of that! You're in one of the greatest games you could ever want to be in. Don't lose your head, continue to play good and hope they all show up tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could i have played this different to win this $1320.00 pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Although the SB called the "next guy's" bet on the flop at least you give SB a chance to cap and possibly cause the "next guy" to fold his 33 (or other 2 outer). Once this fails to work, see above to minimize your losses...
Old 02-19-2007, 08:48 PM

With the turn action is when I say "FUUUUUUUK" and check call the rest of the way....