Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 04:35 AM

Default All live players please read!

I have encountered some dealers in vegas that are totaly lost. I cant imagine how you can get a job as a poker dealer and not know what you are doing. There are exceptions but at the MGM, Luxor, Sunset and Gold Coast just to name a few there are some terrible dealers. I have seen the little chinese guy dealer at the venetian completely whiff a string bet. And there is the chinese lady at the luxor who is always rude (which may make the fish feel dumb). At the Orleans this older chinese lady dealer actually made a rude comment to me after I genuinly forgot to tip her because I was thinking about the hand and stacking chips. Then there are the dealers who dont appreciate the dollar because you won a big pot and they think they deserve more. So they will sarcastically roll there eyes while they say "thanks alot" and pitch the dollar into the tin cup. What they dont see is all the losses you have taken and just see that monster pot you are raking in. There are also the dealers with body odor that will give you a headache(fat older white guy at mandalay bay). Today I won a massive pot tripled up and did not tip the dealer a dollar because she made two mistakes while I was playing. She actually waited a while for me to tip her before she moved on to the next hand. The whole time I was thinking "I will tip you over my dead body". I'd also like to mention there was a really hot chick at the table with some jugs but I allowed myself to look cheap in front of those milky ballons for the future of the game. It works both ways for me, if I see a dealer doing a good job, such as keeping the game moving at a good speed, or correcting a drunk and not just letting it slide I'll throw the dealer a tip even if I'm not in the hand. When I read poker essays vol 3, I thought "oh Mason quit whining about dealers and give me poker knowledge" but now that I live in vegas I know the importance of that section of the book. I would like to encourage anyone who plays live to suck it up and hold back your tips to bad dealers(even if it makes you look cheap) and go out of your way to tip good dealers extra and let them know they are a good dealer with a specific comment about what you saw them do. Remember that a dealer that is not alert at the table or makes mistakes will cost YOU MONEY.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: All live players please read!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought "oh Mason quit whining about dealers and give me poker knowledge"

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me lol.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2007, 05:50 AM

Hey veg I'm probably an unimaginative nit, but I dont get it?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 AM

Paragraphs
Old 02-17-2007, 11:45 AM

I've worked for tips for a significant portion of my life. But unlike many tipped workers, I believe that tips are to be earned not expected. The problem with not tipping is that the dealers don't know why you are not tipping.

I had an experience at a restaurant once that was just horrible. The server couldn't be bothered to extend the least bit of concern to our party since we were just having coffee and dessert. When I signed the credit card slip, I left no tip, and wrote why she wasn't receiving one on it. This does two things - it lets her know why, and since the managers often see the credit card slips, it lets them know the situation.

If you are a regular in any of those rooms, you should make someone aware of the situation, whether it is the dealer or the floor. If a dealer is being rude to players and it is affecting the game, I would immediately call the floor over and explain the situation to them(away from the table).
Old 02-17-2007, 12:58 PM

Bad post aside, it would appear that you have something against people of Chinese origin.
Cure yourself....
Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey veg I'm probably an unimaginative nit, but I dont get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Youdon'tgetit?Itishardtoreadpostswhenthereisnotpro perspacing.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. Today I won a massive pot tripled up and did not tip the dealer a dollar because she made two mistakes while I was playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two whole mistakes. She must have been chinese (according to your profile of bad deealers). just kidding everyone. Stop being such a biggot. Everyone makes mistakes including dealers, white, black, asian, purple whatever.