Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Everyone on the plane thought I was an A**hole..

At the beggining of this post, OP mentions that to save money they flew out of buffalo instead of toronto to save money. He later says that he will take the next flight instead of sitting next to a mentally challenged person. Unless I am missing something about international rates (possible), wouldn't paying for a 2nd flight from atlanta to LA cost more money then the attempted savings from the leaving from buffalo thing? This means that to save said money, OP would rather drive an extra 3-4 hours in a car then sit on a plane for 4 hours (a 4 hour flight he will be taking anyways) next to a retarded person. So either OP was bluffing about taking the next flight, or he is rediculously afraid of mentally handicapped people. Hence I think this thread should shift to the path down discussing possible treatment for "retardophobia".

In all honesty, everyone gets put in uncomfortable situations. It really isn't that hard to man up during a 4 hour flight, so you kinda just remind me of a winey little girl. I mean you asked the business suit lady to change seats with you if shes gonna look down on you, when that is a lame request. To put it simply, if said lady, or all those people on the plane who thought you were an a-hole, were put in said situation, they would have manned up to the random uncomfortable situation rather then trying to pit it on someone else. I mean, do you think the old guy really wanted to sit in your seat? If you were one of my friends and you made a scene in this situation, I don't think I'd be able to help calling you a little b!tch
Old 02-17-2007, 01:27 AM

Ask for free booze and a discount, obv.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm thinking perhaps the airline would grant his flight change for free or just a small fee. Doubt he would have to pay the entire rate for a 2nd flight.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Upon further reflection, my answer is going to hinge on the severeness of the drooling.

If the guy drools on me or my seat is already wet before I sit down -> I didn't pay for that, I consider the airline at fault if they can't get me a better seat. If I pay (relatively) much dinero for Western-style luxurious transportation, I expect my seat to be clean and free of environmental hazards. The stewardess walking off is inexcusable. It's her job to prevent a scene, not the OP's.

However, if the guy is not causing me any harm, WTF is the problem anyway? As long as he's not wildly flailing his arms around or something, I don't see how it is even an issue. In that case, yeah you probably were an [censored], but the stewardess is still partly at fault here. Her rudeness had a large part in causing the scene.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:19 AM

OP sounds like a [censored] baby.
I'd much rather sit next to a mentally handicap person then someone who talks 24/7, a crying baby, or a smelly person.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I was unlucky in that I was seated next to a drooling retarded guy on a flight. I hate retards, so this was completely unacceptable to me. Rather than sucking it up and dealing with it, I expected someone else to switch seats with me. I shouldn't have to deal with a retard for FOUR WHOLE HOURS, but I see no problem with someone else having to. My idiot friends thought that the whole situation was hilarious and were laughing their heads off, which totally pissed me off. People on the flight were getting uncomfortable and upset by our immature behaviour. When a woman shook her head in disgust, I got angry and said "If it's no big deal, why don't you switch seats with me?". That shut the bitch up. The flight attendants eventually told me to suck it up or get off the plane. Finally, after causing a huge commotion, some old dude finally volunteered to switch seats with me so that I'd stop making a scene. Acting like a 5 year old and throwing a tantrum was totally worth it, because I finally got my way."

[/ QUOTE ]
Very, very, very good.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised this happened. Isn't there some sort of rule against having two retards sitting next to each other on a flight that long?

[/ QUOTE ]

good one

For some reason this thread reminds me of "Something about Mary". When Matt Dillons character was saying how he worked with retards.

OP - I'm too nice and forgiving. But I wouldn't have said a single word. I would have sat down and tried my best not to put my head in his drool. Maybe some good karma would have come your way or sumthin.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Default The Easiest Solution

Spend more time in the strategy forums. Get better at poker. Win chips, convert to cash. Fly first class.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: The Easiest Solution

[ QUOTE ]
Spend more time in the strategy forums. Get better at poker. Win chips, convert to cash. Fly first class.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is essentially the answer. Coach sucks.

If you are stuck in the back of the plane, do your homework and get the exit rows (no retards allowed), or sit further back. Usually the frail, infirmed, retarded are in the bulkhead seats.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: The Easiest Solution

Don't be such a drama queen and go get a towel from the bathroom.