Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 AM

Default tough spot with TPTK

2/5 6 handed live,
i am playing pretty loose, probly like 35/30 or something like that because the table just gives up so many pots. decent players, villan is a thinking player who is very tight preflop but is capbale of making some plays after the flop but he lacks the creativity to put together a convincing story in my opinion, not aggressive enough to put all his chips in on a bluff. this hand happened about an hour before and he was pretty pissed, i know he was trying to make move on me to "get me back" or some stupid [censored]. anyway, heres the hand that happened that provides good background for the hand in question that has really been bugging me.
Villan raises im MP to $25, C/O calls, I call from the button with KQo.

flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],
Villan bets 50,
C/O folds, I call to float turn.
Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] villan bets 100, i think and raise to ~330, villan calls pretty quickly. i put him on A10, JJ+.
River is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I shove for like 650, hero folds A10, i show, hes pissed.

The Hand in Question: Effective stacks are ~1200
about an hour after above stated hand.
UTG raises 20, Villan calls in MP, I call on the button with A10o.

flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], checks to me and i bet $60, UTG calls, villan calls.
Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
checks to me again and i bet 200, UTG folds,
Villan thinks, raises to 400.
whats my line, this is a very close board to what i bluffed him off last time and i really put him on a draw, he also knows that i could bet both made hands and any draw like this and would never fold for a min raise with a draw and would really [censored] with him considering my read on him with strong made hands , plus WTF is a min raise on this [censored] board, a set or 2 pair would raise this flop from a tight player, so all i could put him on was air.

Thoughts???
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: tough spot with TPTK

i would fold