Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Film Review - Bridge to Terabithia

Okay, so I lied. There will be no review of "Bridge to Terabithia" for the simple reason that I can't review it without spoiling it for you. The best non-spoiler review I've found is in the Chicago Tribune, where they only review the first 30 minutes or so.
Tribune Review

I will give this mini-review. This book is very popular with kids, especially 5-8th graders. They'll want to see it. So will younger kids. It is good. But if you've seen the trailer, that's not what the movie is about, again, they didn't want to spoil it for you. So, my suggestion is, if you intend on seeing this movie and don't know what it's about, do so before someone blows it for you. I'm not sure if it'll appeal to childless adults, it definitely won't appeal to young adults (especially guys expecting an action-adventure tale) unless they've read the book, but for parent and older kids, it's a definite must-see.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Film Review - Bridge to Terabithia

Can those of us familiar with the book know if they stayed consistent? Especially with the ending? I can't imagine them doing otherwise, but I won't be able to see it for a while and it would be nice to know.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Film Review - Bridge to Terabithia

I am not at all familiar with the book, but my daughter is and I'm not hearing any complaints about how they changed it. I'll ask her in the morning if there are any significant differences.