Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Ok turn semibluff C/R here?

Live 4/8 eight handed

EP is loose/semi aggressive. I've seen him bet unimproved AK the whole way, and I've seen him fold to a turn raise after he showed strength the whole hand. Given all that, is this move reasonble? uncalled for?

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB

EP raises, all fold to me and I call.

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets, I call

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

I check, EP bets, I raise

Yes? No? What do you do if he calls? Are there any river cards you fire one more barrel on or do you give up?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Ok turn semibluff C/R here?

from your description it seems reasonable if you have a decent table image...BUT this is live 4/8 and there are way more combos of AA, KK, QQ, TT etc. than AK and they are folding never. plus, you could hit your hand and not even be good. for a semibluff raise to be good you need a reasonably strong draw if you don't think your opponent folds at a pretty high frequency. the more he folds, the less of a draw do you need to merit attempting the play. in your case, i think your draw sucks and too many hands in his range beat you or play back, and put alot of pressure on you to fold or pay alot for a draw that may be no good even if it hits. so i guess i'm saying i don't like it.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Ok turn semibluff C/R here?

[ QUOTE ]
I check, EP bets, I raise

Yes? No? What do you do if he calls? Are there any river cards you fire one more barrel on or do you give up?

[/ QUOTE ]

The move is reasonable, very likely optimal. Bet the river regardless of what comes becuase the next card is more likely to scare him than help him.

Stu