Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:52 PM

Default AA to a turn raise on a scary board

Live 4/8 eight handed

Table is mostly loose passive. Button is tight passive. Do you ever pay off here to a tight passive?

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG

I raise, MP calls, button calls, BB calls.

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, MP folds, BN calls, BB calls

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

BB checks, I bet, BN raises.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: AA to a turn raise on a scary board

i don't.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 AM

If I have never seen a semi-bluff or solid value raise from this guy - I muck and convince myself if button held K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he would have drawn out on me anyway.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:02 AM

I don't. I respect raises from passive players. Although you might have enough outs to do it:

PF: 8 SB
F: 3 SB -> 11 SB
T: 3 (+2?) BB -> 8.5 (10.5?) BB

Turns out you don't really have the odds. If BB was a complete donkey (so it was likely you could get 4BB on the river) it might be worth it to call the turn, fold UI on the river. But I doubt it.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Let's make the question harder and say I am the Button. I am tight/aggressive & I assume you are also.
We will also say that I had a brain fart and didn't re-raise preflop with AK/AQ/JJ+. That would make me more of "tight passive" player on this hand.
Here are the hands I would play against a tight/aggressive player who open/raises in EP:
AK = 8 ways
AQ = 8 ways
AJs = 2 ways
KQs = 4 ways
JTs = 2 ways
99= 6 ways
TT = 1 way
JJ = 3 ways
QQ = 6 ways
KK = 6 ways
AA = 1 way

I would have raised the Turn with all of those hands, except AK/AQ/AJ without the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 99.

There are 26 hands that I could have that you have beat.
There are 9 hands that I would have raised with that you don't have beat.

I only count 3 hands, of 47 possible hands played, that a really tight-passive player would raise with, i.e., the made flushes. That is, if you think he would just call with the made full house hands.

Villian should have, even being tight-passive, raised on the Flop with QQ/KK/AA.

There are ten hands that he could be semi-bluffing with, i.e, The A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X hands.

So, I would fold if I were you up against the guy you up against, and re-raise against me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I were me playing the Button, I'd tighten up my requirements for raising the Turn [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I should drop AQ/AJ with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the 3 KQs that don't make a flush should probably be mucked.

Jeez, I spew a lot on the Button in these situations.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]