Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: sweet riddle game

[ QUOTE ]
ummm... still stuck on #1. Not everyone knows what a Caesar Shift Cipher is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not willing to Google, then give up on this set of puzzles now. Many of the later levels require intense googling for clues, etc.

Link to get you going.

Anyone who is done with the game want to help me on Level 30 (expedition one)? Anyone?

-RMJ
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm... still stuck on #1. Not everyone knows what a Caesar Shift Cipher is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't figure it out, the solution is explicitly stated earlier in this thread by Spota.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:48 PM

Level 30... You'll never get this one. I finally got the answer from someone who knew but didn't know why either.

Even after knowing it... I went and searched to see why it was the answer and still couldn't figure it out... and after wasting an hour on that... I finally gave up and chalked it up to an enigma.

I'd give you a hint... but like I said... I don't know why it's the answer... so it I really can't.

Here it is:
<font color="white"> granite.html </font>

I gave up at 43 or 44. When you get up to the 40s... they get extremely difficult.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the gimme for Level 30. I guess I had misled others when I said Level 30 had to do with an Expedition. I confused myself... anyway, I did some googling, and the logic behind why the answer is what it is lies here:

Link to a page that sort of explains the answer.

Thanks again.

-RMJ
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Help on 26? White: <font color="white"> eden - e + tyiti = tin deity; Replace the d with the word five and get an anagram from that? is the equation a sine function or something? (sine - e +tyiti) </font>
Old 02-17-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Help on 26? White: <font color="white"> eden - e + tyiti = tin deity; Replace the d with the word five and get an anagram from that? is the equation a sine function or something? (sine - e +tyiti) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I was stuck on this one for a while, too. The graphic is incredibly misleading. You would have been better to stop after your first sentence and look at what else could be there.

The math shown is a simple distance formula or perhaps someone using the Pythagorean (this is what the creator intended, but I only saw the connection after the fact).

-RMJ
Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 AM

LOL I got 26, by this incredible coincidence. Check out 26 down: (the title of the puzzle is interesting too) Crossword

Speaking of 30, here's how I got it(white):

<font color="white"> In the source code it says 'made of?' so I looked through Google Images of Sphinxes and found the one from the graphic located in Alexandria. It's made of guess what? Here's the link I found: http://www.aly-abbara.com/voyages_person...rie_sphinx.html And here it is translated mentioning the material: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl...en%26safe%3Doff At the bottom of the source code it says 'caps!' which refers to Where Is Kelly Island (WIKI) although I didn't use Wiki....although I see the actual Kelly Island connection is there too from the other link. </font>
Old 02-17-2007, 04:00 AM

Nice work on #30... I am on part 2 of Level 31. Can't quite make the connection. I'll think about it more later on.

-RMJ
Old 02-17-2007, 04:48 AM

You won't be stuck long on that one.

I zipped through a bunch of them, but 36 looks like it might be tough. Be careful if you google for the answer you got on 35. A bunch of links come up with the solutions. I saw the answer for 38 before I realized what I was looking at. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2007, 04:09 AM

Well, I definitely didn't zip through too many... I think I'm a bit stuck on 33.

Here are some of my lines, which have not worked out (in white):

<font color="white">Figured it had something to do with another goddess, and I took "we're both confused" to be a hint. So, naturally I googled a bit and found Discordia/Eris/etc. Nothing.

Then I checked out the capital letters of what's written, and an anagram is Wight, which is related to Norse mythology. So, I tried a few Norse goddesses that might have made sense. Again, nothing.

Also, I did try some Greek goddess counterparts, which led nowhere.
</font>

I might be on the wrong track with all the mythology and goddess stuff. I'll think about this some more later. Hmmm.

Am I way off course?

-RMJ