Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Default AA - check raised on flop

Felt I played this hand terrible...is this just a straightforward fold on the turn? and should i have reraised on the flop? UTG+1 seemed a reasonable player if a little loose.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.15, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $2.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17.25, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.45, Sidepot 1: $5.8)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $9.65</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($36.55, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $11.45, Sidepot 1: $25.1)

Results:
Final pot: $36.55
Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: AA - check raised on flop

I don`t know with which hands ppl at 0.15/0.25 are going to felt, but if you plan to fold this turn, you should fold the flop.
The only thing i am really worried about is a set. But wouldn`t have TT/JJ already raised PF? Unless i know that these guys limp TT/JJ it should be +Ev to get it in on this flop.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:43 PM

Looking at that Flop, I see both flush and straight draws. It's possible you have the best hand right now. You need to charge people that might be drawing, and that means potting the Flop.

You pot the Flop, UTG calls and UTG+1 comes over the top. I go all in here.

The only hands that have you beat are sets. But to have a set you opponents would have to have check-called from EP with TT or JJ. That is so weak that if you do get beat you should be happy to re-buy, expecting to get your money back and then some.

The other possible set is twos. If one of your opponents has a set of twos on the Flop, then they made quads on the Turn. That means God wanted you to get broke. No shame in that.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM

I don't see anything wrong with felting it there. You could make a case for pushing flop to charge the guy if he is drawing but then you fold out all other hands you beat. Since you in position the call and evaluate turn is okay.
The turn is pretty much the best possible card you could see. No draw hits, it makes a set unlikely, and you just counterfitted JT, I insta call there.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The turn is pretty much the best possible card you could see. No draw hits, it makes a set unlikely, and you just counterfitted JT, I insta call there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you played the hand. That's the best turn for you and now you're ahead of J10 and all the combination draws that are possible (that you werent on the flop ie. KdQd, 8d9d, etc.). Felt it on the turn and feel good about it
Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 AM

Push over the flop. It appears that these guys were short stacked so you are probably getting it all in anyway and you really don't want to see the turn/river if at all possible.

Also, bet more on the flop.