Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: 100NL: play this river

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah push we only losing to AA, KK or a 66 and he'll call us with mid pairs even a 5 if he's that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waoo 66, I allways knew this site was riged [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:10 AM

I think it's a push. Berge - Why wouldn't villain with those stats PSB trips on this board?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah push we only losing to AA, KK or a 66 and he'll call us with mid pairs even a 5 if he's that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waoo 66, I allways knew this site was riged [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah lol ooops. I meant a single 6. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
If he has 66 give Lee Jones a call.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a push. Berge - Why wouldn't villain with those stats PSB trips on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it depends on the villian and I don't want to paint a broad stroke here, but someone who is fairly LAGy tends to play monsters much slower than draws, one-pair hands or bluffs.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:03 PM

I hate river donk bets like this from lagtards. Looks like he's got a big hand maybe... but, my first instinct is to shove (would this guy donk 77-JJ thinking it's the nuts?).

Obviously the safe route is to call. Depending on how confident I am that he'd make this play with 77-JJ I'm willing to shove the extra $45 in there. Otherwise just call...
Old 02-16-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it depends on the villian and I don't want to paint a broad stroke here, but someone who is fairly LAGy tends to play monsters much slower than draws, one-pair hands or bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, that's why I'm not as inclined to shove... but he could be overvaluing his hand. A call is probably best barring a strong read.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm confused now. Isn't the whole point of being a LAG that when you get a monster you can bet bet bet and get paid off when someone calls you down with TPMK?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm confused now. Isn't the whole point of being a LAG that when you get a monster you can bet bet bet and get paid off when someone calls you down with TPMK?

[/ QUOTE ]

the whole point? no. just a benefit of. villain are forced to call you down light (and correctly so) because of the greatly increased chance you are betting light. Trying to avoid paying off a LAG puts you in a very exploitable position.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're confusing a decent LAG with a standard low-stakes LAG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]