Default Semibluff here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($46.10)
Hero ($51.35)
UTG ($29.75)
MP ($72.85)
CO ($71.70)
Button ($52.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.5</font>, Hero calls $5.50, UTG folds.

Turn: ($17.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $14</font>, Hero raises to $43.85...

I've been pretty aggro stacking off with top pair almost always with another aggro villain that just left. I've lost 2 of those in a row putting my money in ahead his range, but others might see me as a big fish. Of course I don't do that against anyone else. No good reads on villain except he seems taggish and hasn't gotten out of line.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Semibluff here?

I guess just to clarify, the other aggro villain that left would always push against my cbets with any 2.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 AM

I think this is fine, just as calling. If you hit your non-obvious straight he probably will pay you off.

Maybe not if the 8 comes, but still worth a try.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 AM

Id just call here i don't think you have enough fold equity and i think he likes his hand alot after firing 2 bets nearly pot sized.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkk!

It is very obvious that you have a draw. No set would play that way. So your fold equity is nil against a strong player with good hand.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM

I dont mind this. the 7 could have made your hand so there is some fold equity against top pair/two pair.

But I expect him to call with QJs, KJs, and AJs, and you lose.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Firstly, do you think it's a sound move to call with connectors as low as 65 to 4BB EP raise? You need multiway action with this hand.

Unlikely he will lay this down having bet strongly twice, and without much fold equity this has to be a losing play.
Even some of your outs to the straight may be counterfeited.

Worst case, would be JXs where you have 6 outs. I reckon the sensible play is to fold - you aren't getting implied odds on the call.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkk!

It is very obvious that you have a draw. No set would play that way. So your fold equity is nil against a strong player with good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? A set never c/c's flop then crai the turn? That looks pretty much like a standard monster line. I think that villian has a hard time calling with TP type hands. I'm not saying that he won't, but hero represents a lot of strength here. I think FE is higher than 0%.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Nothing wrong with hero's line. He is representing a monster. Villain needs a strong hand to call. Of course, if villain is a station this is spewing. Not enough information to know.

Pre-flop being OOP to a raise with 65s isn't where I like to be; however, calling the flop was not good unless (the plan was to check raise any turn -- which would require a read that OP doesn't seem to have). Playing a weak draw OOP isn't how you make the monies at uNL.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 PM

"No good reads on villain except he seems taggish and hasn't gotten out of line."

So he's basically unknown. People you think are decent felt AJ here regularly. I dont like it bc he's not folding an overpair enough here, and thats what it looks like he has. If he has a one pair hand youre a 2:1 dog, if he has a set youre about a 2.4:1 dog, and youre getting 2.2:1 on the call. I think you have close to zero FE when he bets the turn hard like that. I'd call and lead shove if I hit bc hes not folding. If theturn didnt help me this is an easy cf IMO.