Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Middle set pretty deep.

although now that i look back on it, I warrant a free river card, i really hate people who look at the hand and assume "oh villain MUST have 89 because that's the only [censored] hand that beats hero here." you scared nits can go keep losing equity in never betting values here and there in tough spots because villain might have the nuts here. i never thought i'd say this but the "when you play poker, you gotta have balls" statement has some half-truth to it.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:59 AM

i dont know why we didnt put it in on the flop
Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 AM

Baluga, the possibility of him having the nuts here was possible on the flop. However, after the check on the turn, I immediately discounted that.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 AM

3-bet flop all day. The board can only get uglier for yourself and the hands that you're currently beating. I think this is also the best play if you're still putting it in on this turn.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:07 AM

yeh, i read this and didnt understand how we aren't all in by the flop...

on the turn i think we are ahead a decent amount anyway
Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 AM

Gawd thank you for some decent responce on this hand. I was really getting infuriated by all the people who chastized by play because of the possibility of villain having the nuts. SHOULD I JUST [censored] FOLD THE FLOP IF VILLAIN HAS THE NUTS? I see why 3-betting the flop is best because of so many dangerous turn cards. I am thankful there are some people who actually reason on this board.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gawd thank you for some decent responce on this hand. I was really getting infuriated by all the people who chastized by play because of the possibility of villain having the nuts. SHOULD I JUST [censored] FOLD THE FLOP IF VILLAIN HAS THE NUTS? I see why 3-betting the flop is best because of so many dangerous turn cards. I am thankful there are some people who actually reason on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the time vill will have 2 pair, pair + draw, set.

against this range you don't need to re-raise the flop as there aren't a TONNE of scare cards, but it's ok.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:53 AM

U are asking an alien question, sorry - see http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/16508

You have a flop with a million draws and two active players. You need to move-in on the flop when you at least can give yourself 1:2 odds for a redraw if you should be that unlucky to face a made str8.

On turn your redraw-odds are half of what you had on flop and the board became worse. Which hands do you expect will call?

If you feel it's a good allin, why didn't you do it on the flop then?

On the flop you will be called by many hands you beat because they will often take you for a semibluff on a draw. On turn, most of those calling hands will fold, execpt set and straigths.

You would have lost your stack anyway, but had you been all-in on the flop, you lose only half the times AND you will get paied off far more often by lesser hands.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 AM

4bet flop like whoa

edit: nah i like the flop play
Old 02-16-2007, 09:43 AM

INTENSITY, I think you played that hand perfectly !!! I think checking behind on the turn is very bad, few players would go for a cr here with the nuts as you well could be on a draw. The only other way to play this hand as I see it is to move on the flop after the SB raised. The worst thing would be if you were up against the 77. The 10 outs to complete the boat is another reason why pushing the turn is good - and than just pray that the other sucker had the lower set [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]