Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: JJ, donked into on flop, line please?

I think I just got caught up in my read that he had a TT/A9 kind of hand. 89 would play this way aswell (aside from the call pf). When he bets hard again on the turn I think perhaps I should fold without a better read. I don't know.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just got caught up in my read that he had a TT/A9 kind of hand. 89 would play this way aswell (aside from the call pf). When he bets hard again on the turn I think perhaps I should fold without a better read. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that you should basically expect him to follow up with a fairly strong turn bet with most hands he's leading that hard into the pf 3bettor with. If you don't want to play a big pot, then you could just fold the flop and get him next time. Calling the flop and then folding to a cbet on a blank turn though kinda seems like lighting money on fire.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, you're not the only one who isn't sure how to play in this type of situation. But you answered your own question, so that is good. You pushed, right? And he had??

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds good. I ended up calling him down on a dry board and he showed my 99 for top set. I really didn't see that coming. I was thinking something like TT possibly but I didn't think he'd bet so strong into me on the flop with top set. Good play by him

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how hands like JJ or TT can make us willfully blind. It is very telling that you knew he had to have some kind of hand but you were only willing to give him credit for a PP just short of beating you. Maybe you were pre-determined to play those faces no matter what? Sometimes it is too easy with these hands because we can console ourselves with "he played well" or the like after but I think it is better to question your play on this hand.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:57 AM

sorry my slow post keep coming out of order since your reply acknowledges this,