Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Top Ten Reasons to Make Gay Marriage Illegal

Was just reading about Tim Hardaway's response to Amaechi's disclosure last week. I hope Hardaway's parents/grandparents are still alive, so he could ask them about their childhood. They just might have the same problems with majority using exactly the same words at that time (I assume noone's very proud on that today).

Sounds this familiar? (by Tim Hardaway)
[ QUOTE ]
"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people,"

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Democracy has its flaws of course, the majority can abuse the minority.

However tyranny of the minority over the majority is far worse in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

tyranny = equal rights ?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 PM

The only resolution to this problem will be two marriage classifications. Married by state, or married by religous ceremony.

Each will have equal rights in regards to all the benefits of marriage in the U.S. The church will never, and shouldn't be forced to condone same sex marriage. The church will also have no say in how the government sanctions marriage by civil ceremony.

Homosexuals seem to want the church to come out and tell them that their behavior is acceptable. That will never happen. I would like them to tell me that it's acceptable to have 3 girlfriends in addition to my wife. They won't do that either.

The church may eventually be forced into a situation where their tax exempt status is put on the table. The government will then have to decide if they really want to pick up the tab on all the services the church provides to society. Orphanges,social programs,battered womens shelters,marriage counseling,food banks,etc..The question is ,will the homosexual electorate be satisfied if they can call themselves married,receive all the legal benefits of marriage? I don't know this answer, but it often seems they seek some kind of absolution from a church which will never be able to absolve them. This is just my opinion and hope to see gay marriage recognized civilly.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only resolution to this problem will be two marriage classifications. Married by state, or married by religous ceremony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many countries require a marriage by the state in a civil ceremony, regardless as to whether or not there is also a religious ceremony. The latter having no legal standing. It seems like a reasonable separation of church and state.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 AM

meant for other thread, haha
Old 02-16-2007, 07:46 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

so the whole anti gay marriage thing comes down to

'OMG THE GAYS!!!'

right?