Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Is this a good spot to overbet shove?

I will post results in maybe another day or so, maybe longer, and give this more time for discussion. Cornell Fiji already knows the results, but if he feels that it's an appropiate time to post them, I give him full permission to do so...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:10 AM

I don't like the overlimp/call from ep with KQo and these stacks but once you're here I agree that an open push is the way ahead. I don't see you folding out A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or an overpair very often but that somewhat depends who's got what and which order. However, you can't be in bad shape and the pot is so big compared to your stack that as checkraising is not really an option, I think, yes, go.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will post results in maybe another day or so, maybe longer, and give this more time for discussion. Cornell Fiji already knows the results, but if he feels that it's an appropiate time to post them, I give him full permission to do so...

[/ QUOTE ]

While results are typically irrelevant I think that they are exceptionally irrelvant in evaluating this hand.

If someone has JJ+/set they will call, if they have 99-TT with one heart they might call. If they have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K/AQ with a heart they will call. Anything else you will probably fold out.

Whether they actually had one of those hands this time and whether you luckbox was working if they did have one of them should not really matter.

The question to be evaluated here is if overbet shoving this flop maximized your EV in this hand; I am still unconvinced either way
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If someone has JJ+/set they will call, if they have 99-TT with one heart they might call. If they have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K/AQ with a heart they will call. Anything else you will probably fold out.

Whether they actually had one of those hands this time and whether you luckbox was working if they did have one of them should not really matter.

The question to be evaluated here is if overbet shoving this flop maximized your EV in this hand; I am still unconvinced either way

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is here, and probably would get the hand closer to a possible answer, is does overbet shoving here fold out a lone Ah by laying about 1.4 to 1. This is something I'm not sure about, and probably don't have much experience to determine. Also, I tend to disagree that 99 and TT with a heart would call, but that itself is up to debate without dead solid reads.

This was one of those hands where my gut and instinct told me it was right to do so, but the head tells me otherwise. The safe play here is to check/fold, but i would think that there would be a better option (instinctively, not necessarily correct in this opinion), hence the shove. I wonder if anyone else has any other insight.