Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: iPoker, Tribeca and Tain are going to merge 2/22

Hmmm, I have been waiting for this move for awhile. Ipoker seems to have just had a recent upgrade in software, added the 4 colour deck (finally) etc... maybe preparing for the merger.

I would have thought the Tain sites would have been merged already, their traffic really crashed when Parbet and Betsafe left, so the longer they wait the less players will be moved.

When Tribeca merges this will definately be a very large network, iPoker sites seem to market well without giving away most of their profits, they have crappy bonuses and no new current RB deals, yet they continue to grow. They actually have more cash players than Tribeca by a bit.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:31 PM

I play, and have rakeback, at CD poker and asked them recently what the consequences of the merge will be for me. They assured me that the merger will have a no effect and my rb will remain as is [35%, paid weekly]. Then again, I trust them about as far as i can throw them.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:52 PM

is this the end of the tribeca software?

i like this software so much better than the ipoker software.

As for the date, its in the middle of a player rewards promo week : http://poker.doylesroom.com/promotio...er_rewards.cfm

Is'nt their timing a bit weird?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...iPoker sites seem to market well without giving away most of their profits, they have crappy bonuses and no new current RB deals...

[/ QUOTE ]

There is RB. You just have to look for it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:20 PM

ugh ...

1) What is going to happen to my Doyle's Room rakeback?
2) What is going to happen to my partially cleared $550 bonus and free books? I only cleared like $50 of it, and won't clear the rest for months.
3) Why Dobrosoft?? FCP moved there and their interface sucks.
4) What date is this all going down?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about it Big, Doyle's is rigged. You don't want to play there anyway. Go to FullTilt -- oh, wait a minute....
Old 02-15-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugh ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about it Big, Doyle's is rigged. You don't want to play there anyway. Go to FullTilt -- oh, wait a minute....

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Stars? erm, nevermind.

Anyway, Doyles managers refuse to answer anything but say as far as they are concerned nothing will change next week.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: The merger, a summary...

[ QUOTE ]

2. The merger of 40 -50 operations is a time consuming effort. (I did not expect it to all go on a single 'switch" date.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Having different dates for different rooms would make sense. The e-mail from noiqpoker suggested that that their date might be 2/21 and VC said earlier that they merge 2/22. However i started wondering why VC has not put any infomation on their website about this (most of their customers dont probably even know anything about the merger). And why do they have a promotion "Customer Appreciation Week" running from the 19th - 25th if they are merging in the middle of it?

So i sent them another e-mail and got this answer in less than 3 hours (IMO they have the best CS in the business).

"In regards to the merge, I am sorry to say we do not have a certain date for this however I can assure you very soon we will have a FAQ section on our site that will provide all information on the merge that you will need to know, I am very sorry that I can not give you a straight answer as I do not have one very sorry."

Maybe one or two sorrys too many, but i do very much appriciate a straight answer.

So the merger will happen in the near future (in february?). But no real info on the exact date/exact dates.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM

Wow, Dobrosoft software must be terrible if it's worse than Doyle's.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM

It's the Digital Gaming Network now. They bought Dobrosoft, so stop calling it Dobrosoft.

While I'm on the subject, can't people stop saying Prima? It's been the Microgaming Poker Network for a long time now.