Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Do I have to bet here?

Let's look at this from another angle....

What are some likely hands for your two opponents that they limped in with and then called an additional SB to see the flop; but do not fancy leading out even when you (in position) check it through?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 AM

As they are loose passive, any backdoor draw that missed, any 3x, 9x, Jx, any Tx, 8x, any small PP, any Ax that missed as well. A loose passive doesn't bet 3x and he doesn't bet J7 here because he fears you try to trap.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With a dry looking board and position I would c-bet that flop. After the K hits on the turn, I'd just check the turn and river if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you bet the flop, the K drops on the turn- you check it and I (one of the other opponents) bets on the river. What you gonna do? Have I got the K, or just seen you're obvious weakness when you checked the scare card, in position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's the obvious problem. But all you can beat is a bluff, and the pot is small, so you then are faced with a decision of whether you want to call down with A high or not. I don't think it's right to not c-bet this flop, so are you saying that if you c-bet you have to automatically fire a second time on this particular hand?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM

bet the flop against these two with position....it very often lets you see the turn and river for 1 SB if choose not to fire again.

Compare that the the situation when you check the flop..even passives are often going to bet into you if they have some sort of made hand once you show weakness. bet the flop...and giggle when you check the turn, they bet the river you fold and they opt to show you a monster that they wanted to CR you with on the turn. holla.

After taking a free card on the turn when a passive bets into me on the river Im folding my ace high in what will not be a big pot.

Passives generally dont bluff....I want to see the pull their bold bluff before (even if it is against another opponent) to call a bet with A high. Getting rid of calls like this was one of the reasons Ive been able to get my W2SD down and winrate up.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 AM

Reasons to bet the flop:
1. You may still have the best hand
2. You have decent folding equity due to your PF raise and a ragged board (less important against typicall LPP players at this level)
3. You can take a free card on the turn and see both the turn and river with a chance to pair your overcards (more likely due to LPP layers at this level)
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop against these two with position....it very often lets you see the turn and river for 1 SB if choose not to fire again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep- I really like this Ozzi. Invest 1 SB on the flop to give you all the info you need to play out the hand.

You invest the 1SB on the flop. If they call- they've got something or a strong draw. If they lead out on the turn you can fold UI. If they check to you on the turn you can take the free River UI.

I suppose the secret in this scenario is to not get too trigger happy and fire another (BB) barrel UI on the turn?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet twice!

Most often you'll loose one opponent on the flop and the other one on the turn. The J and the K are perfect scare cards for you!

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line. If you can drop one on the flop with a cbet then betting again on the turn will drop the other one enough to be profitable. To someone cold calling preflop raises with weak hands, those broadway cards are terrifying when the preflop raiser bets them.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:39 AM

Betting on the flop improves ur chances of winning the hand. If ur opps have missed, they will most likely fold, thus ur not allowing them to come from behind spiking a pair etc. I check the river and hope my ace high is good.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:53 AM

With position, two passive opponents, and two overcards, I bet this flop most of the time. Since you get to see the river for free, I'd take it. I don't see a need to bet the river either.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Thanks for your advice community!
I appreciate it.