Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: CAZ, ready for 2007 with BR $1800

<font color="red"> Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big with Expert Play</font>

read it.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: CAZ, ready for 2007 with BR $1800

Low stakes poker is going to have a lot of variance. I don't know how good your hand reading skills are, but perhaps that may need work. I started off playing limit. I refer to that as sometimes being on autopilot. Calls are easier since you're technically getting pot odds, etc...however after playing no limit almost exclusively for 2 years it's soooo easy to fold a hand like K,10 on a flop of K high because I know I'm beat w/ the kicker. That saves a lot of bets in the long run. It may not usually be a good idea to fold, but when you know you're beat you know you're beat.

In the small stakes games if you know how people play it's easy to fold a hand that other people would have played on autopilot 'til the river.

Also I think it was Sklansky that said (not 100% sure, but 90% sure) you should be more protective of a large bankroll than a small one. If this isn't all the money you have and if you have a regular job you might want to move up to 4/8.