Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Unknown must visit restaurants in your city

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We need a thread for each city to do this right, and then just have them archived so that when you are going on a random trip you can look it up and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think we need a 2p2 Local type site where users can put recommendations in by major metro city.

Maybe I'll put this together. We get sooo many "I'm going to xxx city, what should I do?" type of questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the plan is to have one of these threads for every major metropolitan area, and then El D will link them all in the sticky.

Bam, instant travel resource.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

http://www.leshalles.net/

"the Les Halles Brasseries are also the home base of Chef-at-Large Anthony Bourdain, author of the best selling Kitchen Confidential (Bloomsbury, May 2000) and host of The Travel Channel’s No Reservations, and co-author with Lajaunie of the Brasserie Les Halles Cookbook."

I think that means "he hasn't actually cooked here in ages, but he gets to be a partner or something here because his name is worth $$$$$$."

[/ QUOTE ]

Chef-at-Large is a fantastic career goal.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:08 PM

In Honolulu,
MItch's Sushi Bar . Seriously. it's a hole in the wall in an industrial neighborhood, it's run by a mountain man looking white guy, it's byob, but it's the best sushi in town. hands down.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Taqueria Santa Cruz obviously.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We need a thread for each city to do this right, and then just have them archived so that when you are going on a random trip you can look it up and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think we need a 2p2 Local type site where users can put recommendations in by major metro city.

Maybe I'll put this together. We get sooo many "I'm going to xxx city, what should I do?" type of questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the plan is to have one of these threads for every major metropolitan area, and then El D will link them all in the sticky.

Bam, instant travel resource.

[/ QUOTE ]

A wiki for the nightlife and dining options in each city would be much more awesome.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 PM

mmbt,

"A wiki for the nightlife and dining options in each city would be much more awesome."

Or just check out Yelp, Citysearch, Chowhound, or the thousand city-specific restaurant/nightlife guides.

If there's one thing on the Internet where there's absolutely no need for another site, it's nightlife and dining city guides.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmbt,

"A wiki for the nightlife and dining options in each city would be much more awesome."

Or just check out Yelp, Citysearch, Chowhound, or the thousand city-specific restaurant/nightlife guides.

If there's one thing on the Internet where there's absolutely no need for another site, it's nightlife and dining city guides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eld:

I thought the purpose of this thread was to find places that wouldn't be in guides.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you say this when 1/3rd of the entire internet is reality sex sites?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:20 AM

Detroit - Honest Johns, Cadieux Cafe, El Rancho
Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 AM

San Diego (actually Carlsbad / Oceanside)

Gregorio's

formerly "Spirito's". the new owners loved the food so much they bought the place (and kept the menu, of course). when i lived in san diego, i would regularly make the 45 minute drive to this place, and it was well worth the trip. they make the best fresh pasta (& bread) in so-cal. you must try the ravioli. it's served in a large bowl, and two ravioli fill the entire bowl. A+++

Los Angeles

Cactus (Hollywood)

If you live in LA, you probably know this joint, but it's worth mentioning for those visiting. Just a little shack on the side of Vine St., but some of the best mexican grub in LA. they're open late, so after a night out drinking skip Del Taco and hit up this place instead.

Back Door Bakery & Cafe (Silverlake)

best breakfast ever. every saturday should begin with the french toast from this place.

Las Vegas

Eggworks

about 15 minutes from the strip, on the SW side of town. awesome menu, and the pancakes are as good as it gets. one amazing thing about this place is that it can be absolutely packed on a sunday morning, and somehow they still get the food to your table within 5 minutes of your order.